Body Armor and Public Ranges

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
I'm going to my first range here in Philly tomorrow and I am pretty nervous. If this was an outdoor range, I may just wear my plate carrier, but since it's indoors, I'm not.

Has anyone felt the need to wear some kind of armor in public ranges? I used to work at a range several years ago and I had a few close calls. This was in Savannah at a pretty decent range too.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I've been muzzle swept more than a few times at public ranges. I figured out when to go and when not to go to avoid certain crowds. I've found that the after work crowd early in the week is generally a group that I'm comfortable with.

I would never wear body armor to a public range, I'd almost rather get shot than be "that guy".

If you do decide to go through with it, make sure you have yourself some tactical Crocs too.

Hopefully I'll have a backyard range real soon and will never have to worry with that again.

Reactions: Shemp

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
If you feel the need to wear body armor to the range then you probably should just avoid it all together.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I would definately not go to a range where I felt I had to wear body armor. I would do a little recon to see when it was possible to go to the range when there were as few people as possible.

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
I've been muzzle swept more than a few times at public ranges. I figured out when to go and when not to go to avoid certain crowds. I've found that the after work crowd early in the week is generally a group that I'm comfortable with.

I would never wear body armor to a public range, I'd almost rather get shot than be "that guy".

If you do decide to go through with it, make sure you have yourself some tactical Crocs too.

Hopefully I'll have a backyard range real soon and will never have to worry with that again.
I wear tactical crocs and a plate carrier daily. I'm sexy.

Reactions: AirOpsMgr