Bipod for a Mosin Nagant

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA
I

iacountryboy

Howdy,
I've been taking the Mosin Nagant 91/30 to the range the past couple trips. What a blast it is to shoot. I've been blasting away at the 100 meter range and will soon be moving over to the 300 meter range. After carrying the sandbags, spotting scope and various other equipment down there a couple times I've been looking into some kind of bipod. I'm looking for something that will attach without doing any harm to the original patina of the stock or barrel. Any ideas? Thanks. Rick

Tarheel

Hunter
Rick, I have been toying with adding one to my Mosin as well. A little research surfaced this approach, which I like very much. The Harris bipod is an excellent stabilizer, as I use one on my AR15. I like the way this guy handled the matter for several reasons. The bipod can be easily attached and removed. The only "damage" done to the stock is a small hole underneath, but that is filled with the screw and actually looks like it belongs there as part of the rifle...like a rifle sling swivel. Also, he makes a good point about a bipod being attached at the muzzle end of the Mosin. Note the position of the bipod being at about the fulcrum of the rifle...nice balance feature. I suspect some simple adhesive felt pads could be installed inside the Harris mount if one is concerned about metal against wood. It's difficult to tell if that is an issue. My $.02.

Bipodding the Mosin Good luck.

Tarheel

I

iacountryboy

I found one on ebay that clamps onto the pipe. I'll post a picture. Hope its rubber coated or something. If not should be an easy fix.