Best Gun Range In Ohio?

Faktory 47

BigMikey

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
Just wondering what gun ranges everyone uses in Ohio? I shoot at my property in the country, but it's anything but a "range" just a backstop made of tires and dirt with a few poorly crafted steel targets I cut out myself. Where does everyone else shoot, we should have a group shoot someplace this summer.

DTF23

Hunter
Jan 30, 2016
I dont know where the best is but I use local gun clubs. Its nothing special, just a pavilion, a backstop and thats it.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
[QUOTE="Big Mike]Just wondering what gun ranges everyone uses in Ohio? I shoot at my property in the country, but it's anything but a "range" just a backstop made of tires and dirt with a few poorly crafted steel targets I cut out myself. Where does everyone else shoot, we should have a group shoot someplace this summer.

[/QUOTE]
That's the best range you can have. I wouldn't trade a personal place to shoot on my property for any fancy range.

Jay Dunno

Scout
Feb 6, 2016
We use a personal place too. To me, that is way better than any public range. I don't think there is any public ranges close to the Defiance area anyway.

Fred Rupp

Scout
Apr 21, 2016
I live in the Columbus area and we have numerous ranges to choose from. I have certain ones that will allow me to fire my long guns, only problem is they are indoor ranges. Don't get me wrong I enjoy setting the target system up to improve my accuracy with my hand guns and what not, but I want to find a range or land owner willing to allow me to fire for distance.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
While I've never been to either, I know guys that head east of you to Thunder Valley Precision or Rayner's for all their long range precision stuff. Maybe 1.5hrs from you. I believe it's TVP that has a 1 mile + range.

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
I would LOVE to have my own range or my own anything to shoot at!! I just wish there were someone close to me that offered, I could see us setting up steal targets and making improvements if necessary... you guys / gals that have home shooting are so lucky!!

Neohio25

Hunter
Apr 1, 2016
It would be great to have a range in my backyard.... I live in the city and have to travel to shoot. :(

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
[QUOTE="Neohio25]It would be great to have a range in my backyard.... I live in the city and have to travel to shoot. :(

[/QUOTE]
I'm with you on that! I hate paying from $10 -$20 per hr. or buying a years membership for 2, and then have so many things come up throughout the year to keep my wife and I from enjoying our guns... "rant off" lol

Have a nice day

Mike

Shawn Agne

Woodsman
Feb 22, 2016
If we are just talking Ohio

Camp Perry of course along with Miami Valley Rifle and Pistol down at Milford is nice as is Alliance Rifle Club near Malvern Ohio. Perry and Malvern are 1000yd ranges, MVR&P is a 600yd range. Not sure if Zanesville is a 500yd or 600yd range .

Randy (OHGO)

Woodsman
Feb 6, 2016
The best range I have been to is Spring Valley near Dayton it is a ODNR range. We need one like it here in Northern Summit or Western Portage counties.

Abraxialflame

Hunter
Feb 3, 2016
I have heard good things about Shooters in Maumee, but never been there to shoot. Seems like a good place, friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Camp Perry, of course, is always a good option.