Beretta 92FS Compact Railed

Howard Law

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Been wanting to go to a DA/SA for off-duty carry, as my duty weapon has the same action. Because of this, I've been carrying my duty P229 off-duty more and more, and my G19 less and less.

I recently acquired a Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier and like it a lot. Always liked the Beretta 92 series. Decided to do a smaller version of the big Beretta for off-duty carry, so I purchased a Beretta 92FS Compact Railed.

Did some research and made a few calls to Wilson Combat. Other than their laser-engraved logo, there is no work that they would to my 92FSC that I can't do myself, at a savings of over $400.

Ordered all the parts I need to customize the 92FSC, they'll start to trickle in over the next several days. Elite II hammer, steel trigger, extra power recoil spring, G10 grips in Dirty Olive, mag guide, D hammer spring (and an ISMI 19lb hammer spring for comparison), and a couple different mag releases to try out. When the parts come in I can slick up the action.

I'll carry it with a Surefire XC-1 mounted. As soon as I get a chance, I'll go by Blackpoint Tactical and have them build a Leather WING holster for it; strong-side OWB with no cant, and a magazine/flashlight combo pouch. I'll carry a 13rd mag in the weapon and a full-size 15rd mag for a reload.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
How much did it take off the length? I have a Beretta as well and any mods that will shorten it up a little is cool.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Got her done.

Slicked up the action, installed an ISMI 19lb mainspring from a 1911, and an Elitr hammer.

Wilson G10 grips in Dirty Olive.

Wilson Combat mag guide.

Replaced synthetic trigger with factory steel trigger.

Removed the right side safety lever and trimmed the left side lever. This will do until I can get a "G" conversion.

Shoots great with Speer 124grn +P.

IMG_5396.JPG IMG_5397.JPG

txcruiser

Hunter
Aug 9, 2015
Smyrna
That is a great looking gun. I find myself drifting away from striker fired guns and towards DA/SA lately as well. I feel like I should be more proficient with those and DA revolvers.
Your project really has me thinking now.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
That is a great looking gun. I find myself drifting away from striker fired guns and towards DA/SA lately as well. I feel like I should be more proficient with those and DA revolvers.
Your project really has me thinking now.

I've got several different Beretta 92 variants that you're welcome to try out.