Be honest

American Revival Apparel Company

How many of you do a chamber and mag check every time you grab your EDC.

• Yup, every damn time.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No, I prefer to die from my stupidity.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Kaotiktribe

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
All my mags in the safe for every firearm are loaded.

I dont keep a round chambered in any of them.

When i grab the one im about to carry I chamber the round along with deciding how many spare mags im gonna carry for that specific firearm as I EDC a few different firearms depending on what im wearing and how easily it is to conceal.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Mine mags are all loaded and not chambered in the safe. My EDC is full and I press check it still. If you keep pulling out the same round and putting it back in you notice the scrapes along the side of the projectile also doesn't it get pressed in further or impacted a bit more from doing that leading to trouble. Just playing devils advocate on this one.

Speednut

Hunter
Jul 16, 2015
Conyers,Ga.
Mine mags are all loaded and not chambered in the safe. My EDC is full and I press check it still. If you keep pulling out the same round and putting it back in you notice the scrapes along the side of the projectile also doesn't it get pressed in further or impacted a bit more from doing that leading to trouble. Just playing devils advocate on this one.
If for some reason I unload the chambered round it goes in the range ammo pile .

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I guess I'm a bit different, when I open the safe and grab a firearm, I like to know one is the chamber and I have a full mag. No need to press-check, just grab and go.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Every gun in my safe is loaded and chambered, just like every gun out of my safe. Like @dougiemac, that's just how I roll
Same here. Well, I can't say "every gun", hunting rifles and shotguns are not always loaded, but every gun that I might carry and/or use for home defense is ready to rock & roll.