Be honest

Howard Law

How many of you do a chamber and mag check every time you grab your EDC.

• Yup, every damn time.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No, I prefer to die from my stupidity.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
How many of you do a chamber and mag check every time you grab your EDC?

The question came to me last night. I stepped inside to grab something and left my EDC on my patio table (in a locked courtyard) I wasn't out of sight if the weapon, but I did have my back to it for a moment.
When I went back out, the first thing I did was drop/inspect the mag and chamber check.
It's what I do every time the gun is out of my sight.

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I refuse to respond to your poll because of the options you offer. I don't check my chamber because I treat all my guns as if they were loaded, because all of my guns are loaded all the time.
And what about the scenario where the gun you thought was condition 1 turned out to be condition 3?
That hollow click, screamed obscenity and racking of the slide is oddly just enough time to die.

This isn't a basic gun safety poll.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I check just because I can never remember what I did with the gun the last time I put it away. It seems silly because I never bother the clear the chambers, but I'm just paranoid.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
And what about the scenario where the gun you thought was condition 1 turned out to be condition 3?
That hollow click, screamed obscenity and racking of the slide is oddly just enough time to die.

This isn't a basic gun safety poll.

All my mags are loaded and all my guns are loaded and chambered. The only way they are not is if some little elves broke in at night and unloaded my guns and unchambered rounds. Loading and chambering a round is part of my process of prepping my weapons. Not everyone does it this way, but this is what works for me and an unloaded gun is a useless gun.

great dane

Woodsman
Jul 28, 2015
S.W. Ga
Zip code
All my mags are loaded and all my guns are loaded and chambered. The only way they are not is if some little elves broke in at night and unloaded my guns and unchambered rounds. Loading and chambering a round is part of my process of prepping my weapons. Not everyone does it this way, but this is what works for me and an unloaded gun is a useless gun.
D*** them elves

Reactions: dougiemac

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
Do you walk around your car and check for leaks, check air pressure in tires, do a brake check every single time you drive somewhere?

The only time I double check my carry gun is after a range session. If I take my gun off at night and it unloads itself before I put it on in the morning without being touched then I have bigger problems in life. Either I have been invaded by some supernatural beings or I went batshit crazy.

Bruce

Hunter
Sep 28, 2015
Kennesaw
Obsessively...You guys really put loaded guns in your safes? That's gonna hurt. Had an old biker tell me one time there were only two types of bikers; those who had been in accidents, and those that were going to. (It was a lame explanation considering most bikers quit when they realize just how stupid something they just did was,) but I view gun ownership and ND's the same way. That's why I'm so paranoid.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Obsessively...You guys really put loaded guns in your safes? That's gonna hurt. Had an old biker tell me one time there were only two types of bikers; those who had been in accidents, and those that were going to. (It was a lame explanation considering most bikers quit when they realize just how stupid something they just did was,) but I view gun ownership and ND's the same way. That's why I'm so paranoid.
Every gun in my safe is loaded and chambered, just like every gun out of my safe. Like @dougiemac, that's just how I roll

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
My edc stays loaded so I have no reason to check it. Now if I take it to the range obviously I would be checking it. As far as the safe some of them are loaded some are not.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
Every gun in my safe is loaded and chambered, just like every gun out of my safe. Like @dougiemac, that's just how I roll
All my guns and mags are loaded. Heck I keep shotgun in every room and garage and I always have a handgun laying on kitchen table

A Unloaded gun is useless
I don't keep any "in the chamber"

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
My edc stays loaded and holstered Unless I'm at the range or cleaning it. I go all week long or more without removing my edc from its holster. It never goes into my holster unloaded and I don't need to check it's condition every day because

1)My memory doesn't suck.

2)removing it from its safe holstered position every single morning and checking it's condition only increases my odds of a negligent discharge.

3)the proper way to ensure that first round is properly in battery is to let the slide slam home, I don't spot check a weapon unless it's to ensure it is not loaded not vice versa.

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
How many of you do a chamber and mag check every time you grab your EDC?

The question came to me last night. I stepped inside to grab something and left my EDC on my patio table (in a locked courtyard) I wasn't out of sight if the weapon, but I did have my back to it for a moment.
When I went back out, the first thing I did was drop/inspect the mag and chamber check.
It's what I do every time the gun is out of my sight.

Your EDC must not be a Glock or Springfield.

www.doglegarms.com

Speednut

Hunter
Jul 16, 2015
Conyers,Ga.
EDC is always with me except shower and bed. It is checked every morning anyway, Sluggun in my home office. Everything in safe is unloaded with ammo stored in locked seperate metal box.

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
My EDC is a G19. I know there's a LCI.
I still do a proper chamber check.

Not trying to be an ass just conversating but why? With a LCI you can visually and physically verify you have a round in the chamber. With a press check you can accidentally pull the slide back too far and you cannot visually verify in low/no light.

I'm sure most would disagree with me though. Doing a press check is cool but it's dated. Just like new pistol models with exposed hammers but that's another conversation.

www.doglegarms.com

Reactions: dougiemac

BackWoods

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Temple
Zip code
I do a check everytime I put it on my person out of training habit. I usually have one slingshot out of the safe but, working at a LGS, I have to holster and unholster as well as load and unload a lot more than I do when I don't work. So, it's just added comfort to the effect that my ADHD and CRS kick in.

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Not trying to be an ass just conversating but why? With a LCI you can visually and physically verify you have a round in the chamber. With a press check you can accidentally pull the slide back too far and you cannot visually verify in low/no light.

I'm sure most would disagree with me though. Doing a press check is cool but it's dated. Just like new pistol models with exposed hammers but that's another conversation.

www.doglegarms.com

Uniformity mostly. My EDC is a Glock, but sometimes I get my hands on something else that doesn't have an LCI. Press check works for everything semi-auto. I don't use slide/bolt releases either.

Reactions: DoglegArms