BATFE Targeting M855 Ammo

Faktory 47

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
So the BATFE is over extending themselves yet again trying to take another inch of freedom and erode our Constitution. This time they're coming after the M855 "green tip" 5.56/.233 ammo. Due to the fact it is classified as "armor piercing" and the legislation they are citing says armor piercing ammo for handguns, but they were specifically look at standard handgun calibers. However they're extending to rifle rounds because they can say the AR pistol is technically a pistol that can shoot that particular allow

Sadkins

Hunter
Nov 18, 2014
Springboro Ohio
So the BATFE is over extending themselves yet again trying to take another inch of freedom and erode our Constitution. This time they're coming after the M855 "green tip" 5.56/.233 ammo. Due to the fact it is classified as "armor piercing" and the legislation they are citing says armor piercing ammo for handguns, but they were specifically look at standard handgun calibers. However they're extending to rifle rounds because they can say the AR pistol is technically a pistol that can shoot that particular allow

I was following this over the weekend. It seems like a stretch. from what I have seen most level 2 body armor (most common in LE) can be penatrated by most 223/556 ammo.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I was following this over the weekend. It seems like a stretch. from what I have seen most level 2 body armor (most common in LE) can be penatrated by most 223/556 ammo.

No... M855 is no more of a risk than any other ammo to LEO's. This is another bullshit move by BATFE to try to take an inch here and an inch there to erode our 2nd Amendment rights and freedoms. Besides M855 isn't the most accurate ammo on the market anyway, so it's not like it's the best 5.56/.223 ammo on the market by any means. However coming out of war time as we are now (in a sense), there will be a surplus of M855 ammo hitting the civilian market and the BATFE wants to stop that from happening.

I bought 1200 rounds the day before it was announced. I never "flip" ammo. I would share it with friends if they needed some at my cost or trade for something else. I intend to take it to my next training weekend and use it there.

btw... CheaperThanDirt can suck my big Noveske as they've jumped their prices on 900 rounds of M855 to $840! What pieces of shit trying to induce panic and seize an opportunity to make ridiculous money on the gun community and gun culture. Fuck them.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Awesome @KC CROCKETT ! This is what more people need to do. Although M855 isn't the best .223/5.56 ammo, every inch in the wrong direction just erodes away at our 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights little by little.

Reactions: Sadkins

KC CROCKETT

Hunter
Jan 1, 2015
OHIO
yeah, well, i stand up for what i believe. most people wont because the government has instilled fear in them to the point of keeping their mouth shut. i cannot and will not keep my mouth shut. im one proud american who actually has a set.

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
What I don't get is the precept that the BATFE is using to ban this ammo is based on the agreement that was made regarding armor piercing ammo and pistols. And since there are AR pistols, the BATFE is using that to base the ban on.

I'm not condoning nor advocating that the BATFE should ban the ammo by any means, but logic would say that they would make a similar law as they do with SBR's. You may own an AR pistol and a stock and a vertical fore grip. However if you put them together without obtaining the proper NFA tax stamp, you have violated Federal Law and can be prosecuted severely. So why not say that M855 ammo is for rifles only and not to be used in AR pistols or you'd be in violation of a Federal Law? That makes more sense than banning it all... honestly none of it makes sense to me and any inch we give them is an inch in the wrong direction.

KC CROCKETT

Hunter
Jan 1, 2015
OHIO
Theyre taking our rights away one by one. and everyone is ok with it. the problem is, everyone is giving them every inch they want. i dont agree with the magazine bans around america, no matter what city. those people were just giving their guns up freely. screw that. Jospeh Stalin disarmed the Soviet Union, and murdered 20 Million plus, Mao Tse Tung disarmed the chinese, and murdered 40 Million plus, Adolf Hitler disarmed Germany, and murdered 14 million plus, and now the "President" of the United States Of America has an agenda to slowly disarm America. people need to open their eyes. its not just about magazine bans, or having a high capacity weapon no matter what gauge or caliber. everyone has their own opinion, and theres plenty of anti-gunners out there who dont realize whats happening to america and will back all the gun bans. Everyone needs to wake up and realize america is in some deep crap. nobody wants to believe it because this is america. most people think it cant happen because this is america.
I am a true american, and i can tell you, my guns will never be taken, and i will use whatever ammo, banned or not.

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Theyre taking our rights away one by one. and everyone is ok with it. the problem is, everyone is giving them every inch they want. i dont agree with the magazine bans around america, no matter what city. those people were just giving their guns up freely. screw that. Jospeh Stalin disarmed the Soviet Union, and murdered 20 Million plus, Mao Tse Tung disarmed the chinese, and murdered 40 Million plus, Adolf Hitler disarmed Germany, and murdered 14 million plus, and now the "President" of the United States Of America has an agenda to slowly disarm America. people need to open their eyes. its not just about magazine bans, or having a high capacity weapon no matter what gauge or caliber. everyone has their own opinion, and theres plenty of anti-gunners out there who dont realize whats happening to america and will back all the gun bans. Everyone needs to wake up and realize america is in some deep crap. nobody wants to believe it because this is america. most people think it cant happen because this is america.
I am a true american, and i can tell you, my guns will never be taken, and i will use whatever ammo, banned or not.

Brother, I could not agree with you more! They will never take my guns away while I am living.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I've got plenty of M855 ammo if anyone needs any in the S. Dayton area. I'll sell or trade for what I have in it. Not looking to make money, just looking to help our brothers out.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I'd swap it for other nice brass 5.56 (I don't want steel case) or I paid with shipping around $200 per canister of 420.