ballin on a budget AR edition.

Howard Law

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
So I'm finally going to start piecing together an AR. I am on a budget but don't want to build a super basic budget rifle.

So, if y'all were to build a budget rifle using best bang for the buck parts what would you use?

Which parts are OK to cheap out on and which should I spend a little more on.

And if you have anything you want to sell let me know.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
bcg and barrel should be the most money you want to invest. since those are the heart and soul of your rifle. Anderson lowers are good to go for metal and a company out of tennessee (tn arms) makes, what i think are outstanding hybrid lowers (think glock frame type material) should you want to go that route.

bcm bcgs are good. try and wait for a deal if possible.

i have a couple of radical arms ones for my rifles. so far nothing bad to go (i think they were 80$ +shipping)

barrels anything CHF (cold hammer forged) and melonited for accuracy. nothing is wrong with chrome lined, but are we really in a jungle shooting corrosive stuff?

if you want to purchase one outright, look for a smith and wesson M&P Sport... those are a great entry level AR.

Reactions: Cobalt 60

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Well all I have at the member is a LPK, any donations are welcome or if there is anything you have amy of you want to sell let me know

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code