Back up. Let me know your thoughts.

GA Firing Line

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I would like to see something similar to an Aimpoint PRO, follow me on this.

I understand they don’t build things to hit a particular price point and that quality is most important, which is great. But a 1-?x that is of good quality and maybe slightly more affordable for the LE or HD market would be a good introduction to NIghtforce optics. By no means am I saying I think should make some garbage just to sell cheap, but an optic that is more affordable while still of good enough quality for a LE role would be interesting.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

I understand they don’t build things to hit a particular price point and that quality is most important, which is great. But a 1-?x that is of good quality and maybe slightly more affordable for the LE or HD market would be a good introduction to NIghtforce optics. By no means am I saying I think should make some garbage just to sell cheap, but an optic that is more affordable while still of good enough quality for a LE role would be interesting.
Excellent, and you're spot on. When NF does something like this (SHV line) they simply eliminate some options that are only typically used by advanced users, and offer a model that is still just as durable and optically excellent, but just has fewer bells and whistles.

The thing is, price typically doesn't drop dramatically because the bulk of the $$ go into the engineering to make the optic bomb proof, and the glass. There are however, different grades of glass between the product lines.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code

You just described Leupold. Nightforce has zero intention being in that market.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
You just described Leupold. Nightforce has zero intention being in that market.

I assumed as much. But honestly since I don’t know much about long range shooting that was the only other thing I could think of for them to offer. I don’t think they have any reason to offer a reddot and the market for them is already pretty well covered.

@Laufen does nightforce offer anything like a ballistic calculator or something for wind/humidity? Thinking along the lines of what tools long range shooters would use. I can’t recall who makes it but I have seen a railmounted laser range finder I thought was pretty cool.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I assumed as much. But honestly since I don’t know much about long range shooting that was the only other thing I could think of for them to offer. I don’t think they have any reason to offer a reddot and the market for them is already pretty well covered.

@Laufen does nightforce offer anything like a ballistic calculator or something for wind/humidity? Thinking along the lines of what tools long range shooters would use. I can’t recall who makes it but I have seen a railmounted laser range finder I thought was pretty cool.
Nightforce doesn't, but Applied Ballistics makes a stellar app that will allow you to enter every possible variable, including your reticle. All of the guys here that compete ( and there are some incredible shooters in the office) in the 1000 yd- 2 mile shoots use it religiously. Burris makes a scope with an integrated rangefinder, but it's a bit bulky and ranging is one of the easier things to accomplish thanks to hand held rangefinders.

http://appliedballisticsllc.com/products/apps/ab-mobile-app/

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Lol, dude $3K is literally pretty much the ENTIRE cost of my go to hell two stamp AR, WITH both stamps, an optic, and $1,000 suppressor... I feel like I'm over here fuckin with kids toys...
lol, not at all.

Reactions: Leshaire