ATF C&R (Curios & Relics) license?

American Revival Apparel Company

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
How many here have a C&R license? I have been giving this a lot of thought. There are a lot of WWII era firearm I would like to add to my collection and this seems like the perfect way to do it.

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The paperwork is minimal, the cost is minimal, it seems like a no-brainer to me. I printed my paperwork, filled out a check and have it ready to drop in the mail tomorrow. I have no intentions of selling any of the firearms I purchase, they will all go to my kids. So far I have not thought of a reason not to apply for one.

R

rayzer007

BubbaDX said:
So far I have not thought of a reason not to apply for one.

That is very often the logic I use in decision making Bubba!

Ray

M

mukwah

Didn't know you needed one to collect Curio's and Relics! Just curious, why would you need one?

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
mukwah said:
Didn't know you needed one to collect Curio's and Relics! Just curious, why would you need one?
I'm going to guess that it's so you can ship or receive old guns without paying another FFL holder.

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
What SkipD said. I don't really need one. With a C&R I can buy directly from places like J&G and AIM without going through an FFL for. But only for those items classified as C&R.

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I dropped the application with a check in the mail and a copy of the application in the mail to the local Chief of Police. Ill let you know how it goes.