[Article] - Here Are The 2 Pending Gun Laws You Need To Keep An Eye On In Ohio

Faktory 47

William75

Hunter
Jun 12, 2016
Thanks for posting this for me! I think it should help Ohioians understand that their gun rights are under constant threat! There are more bills to keep an eye on if anyone else is interested.

R

RT48

While it is true we need to keep a close eye on what the antis are doing, we needn't get too concerned about these two bills. Both were introduced in the Ohio House on 2/19/2015. They both had the one mandatory committee hearing on 3/4/2015. Without further committee hearings, these bills won't even make it to the House floor for a vote. They will be DOA on 12/31/2016 when the current legislative session ends.

As long as the Republicans control the Ohio House and Senate, such bills won't be going anywhere. This is why it is important to vote this November for pro-gun candidates.

I totally agree with your statement " Before enacting laws law makers should consider whether a problem exists, and if a law can solve it." That is the rational way of governing but all too often politics and emotion override rational.

Bills Guns

Hunter
Aug 24, 2016
Neither of these laws are going to go anywhere. I agree its good to know, and who is introducing these bills though so we can try to get them voted out.

Feb 2, 2016
i have no problem with open carry but individuals should understand that the laws are different for each and just to strap on a gun  and openly display puts different laws into play, so you better know them before you are stopped in a traffic check or asked to leave a place of business, for me concealed is still the only way and what the bad guys do not know can hurt them, just my thoughts i am sure many will differ but that is America so you do what you do