Are Modular AR lowers ever going to be "a thing"?

Howard Law

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
They never seem to take off. AR lowers with modular magazine wells, such as companies with modular lowers that can seap between standard AR mags and AK mags.

Now Nordic has a modular pistol cal lower that can swap in between magazine brands lie Glock or M&P, and one can ssume that would also work for jumping up to 45 or 10mm.

unnamed-660x166.png

The biggest problem I see is that most people in the US would honestly rather dump another $600-$1000 and just have the full second gun. I understand that modular uppers tend to not sell since AR uppers are already so modular, but the swapping lowers really opens up a lot of options and avoids a decent amount of cost when considering the costs of non standard lowers and their general pension to mate to proprietary uppers.

or maybe we just dont shoot enough calibers to really care?

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
They never seem to take off. AR lowers with modular magazine wells, such as companies with modular lowers that can seap between standard AR mags and AK mags.

Now Nordic has a modular pistol cal lower that can swap in between magazine brands lie Glock or M&P, and one can ssume that would also work for jumping up to 45 or 10mm.

unnamed-660x166.png

The biggest problem I see is that most people in the US would honestly rather dump another $600-$1000 and just have the full second gun. I understand that modular uppers tend to not sell since AR uppers are already so modular, but the swapping lowers really opens up a lot of options and avoids a decent amount of cost when considering the costs of non standard lowers and their general pension to mate to proprietary uppers.

or maybe we just dont shoot enough calibers to really care?

I dont have a lot of guns, but when I buy one, it's a full gun. With the prices where they are now, there is no reason to be switching out pieces.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I honestly doubt it. A Multitool is great, but only if it's the only option you have.

Reactions: karlvv

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
If you took the $200 stamp out of the equation you probably wouldn't consider it at all. I know I wouldn't.
I still don't think I would personally. A 9mm magwell block is about as modular as I'll go.

permaneo vox