Are Henry rifles worth it?

American Revival Apparel Company

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
I've been looking to get a lever action in a straight wall cartridge to hunt back home with family (Ohio, the rules for rifles are stupid there). I've owned many rifles, but never a Henry. Like the look of the large loop ones. Anyone have some firsthand experience with their quality, dependability, and accuracy?I'm looking at the .357 chambered variety, but could be convinced that the .44 mag was the way to go. Any input is appreciated.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I've been looking to get a lever action in a straight wall cartridge to hunt back home with family (Ohio, the rules for rifles are stupid there). I've owned many rifles, but never a Henry. Like the look of the large loop ones. Anyone have some firsthand experience with their quality, dependability, and accuracy?I'm looking at the .357 chambered variety, but could be convinced that the .44 mag was the way to go. Any input is appreciated.
Slick, smooth actions. Well built. Good warranties. I'd have no problems with one.

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Haven't shot a new one but have handled many. The fit and finish are usually flawless and like Laufen said smooth actions. Probably not a better option on the market right now. Rossi's and marlins don't come close. Maybe a Winchester is and option but I don't think I've ever handled a current production winchester lever gun.

coach482

Hunter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 19, 2015
Conyers GA
Zip code
The customer service is outstanding. I had an issue with one that had to go back for service. The phone rep seemed truly concerned, and quick turn around with repairs.

coach482

Hunter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 19, 2015
Conyers GA
Zip code
Bullet would sometimes hang and turn sideways on the ramp. Several different brands tried. They replaced some springs, seemed to tune it too. Slicker than owl shit now when you lever it.

Reactions: Righter13

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Bullet would sometimes hang and turn sideways on the ramp. Several different brands tried. They replaced some springs, seemed to tune it too. Slicker than owl shit now when you lever it.
The actions always impressed me too. Back in the day when I worked in a gun shop, I remember the first Henry rimfires we got in. They had the piece of tube sock covering the action on the Golden Boys. Those actions felt like ball bearings covered in lithium grease man...smooth as silk.

Reactions: coach482