AR9 Pistol Build

GA Firing Line

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Also curious if anyone knows... Can I swap mine to use glock mags? I wouldnt wanna have to start from scratch or change the lower since its about to be stamped as an sbr.

here it is btw :)

View attachment 9900
It can't be changed, but the 30rd colt mags from lcj wholesaler are hella cheap compared to Glock 33rd extendos.(this is the proper terminology)

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Barrel too long. No rail recess.

You even operate bro?
I was going to recess the barrel...but then I started thinking....what if I don't like it? If I sell it with a recessed barrel, some idjit is going to lose a pinky....that is if I can even sell it to someone without a suppressor. Apparently there's still a few of them left.

But if I do keep it, I can always take it back to Dobbs and have him cut and thread it again....you know....in case operator and tactical whatnottery abound.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
OP im curious about how you like this particular setup with the glock mag lower? Does it feed and operate well? Do you have a magwell block or is the lower dedicated for glock mags?
I have yet to fire this particular example but have heard of proven relability with the platform. I'll update as I have an opportunity to shoot it.

As to the lower, it is a dedicated magwell and your rifle would require a lower swap to use Glock magazines.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
This is unquestionably true, but the suppressor is going to reduce the total damage each shit can do. Also I don't know how he plans to hit anything without an illuminated reticle.
lol @ "the damage each shit can do"

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
If you have it rethreaded I would suggest having the proper thread for 9mm put on it
No thanks....I already have a 1/2x28 mount. If I thread it anything else, I'll need another mount. Besides....what is "proper?" There are plenty of companies....well at least one off the top of my head...that sell 9mm barrels in 1/2x28 threading.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I have yet to fire this particular example but have heard of proven relability with the platform. I'll update as I have an opportunity to shoot it.

As to the lower, it is a dedicated magwell and your rifle would require a lower swap to use Glock magazines.
cool thanks for the input. kinda bummed I sbr'd it now. hell still waiting for the stamp actually lol.

oh well I dont mind it, just would prefer have all glock 9mm mags for all my pistols and this too.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
No thanks....I already have a 1/2x28 mount. If I thread it anything else, I'll need another mount. Besides....what is "proper?" There are plenty of companies....well at least one off the top of my head...that sell 9mm barrels in 1/2x28 threading.
hes prob referring to 1/2x36
thats what my 9mm ar barrel came in from PSA. I bought the $80 piston to swap out between that one and all my other hosts until I make it down to dobbs. it will be 1/2x28 eventually though since its literally the only oddball I have now. kinda a pain to swap the piston on the can all the time.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
hes prob referring to 1/2x36
thats what my 9mm ar barrel came in from PSA. I bought the $80 piston to swap out between that one and all my other hosts until I make it down to dobbs. it will be 1/2x28 eventually though since its literally the only oddball I have now. kinda a pain to swap the piston on the can all the time.
Exactly...and the ONLY reason it's done that why is so that some chucklenut can't spin on a 5.56 can and then KB it on a 9mm rifle.

Death to the protectionists.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Exactly...and the ONLY reason it's done that why is so that some chucklenut can't spin on a 5.56 can and then KB it on a 9mm rifle.

Death to the protectionists.
so they dummy proofed it... well they cost me $80 over it that will eventually be worth nada

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Get a 3 lug adapter you raging homosexual

Reactions: Leshaire