Ar15 Accessories?

Faktory 47

JJTwat

Hunter
Feb 5, 2016
So the AR15 platform is pretty customizable from the looks of it. So far I've picked up a keymod rail, and am looking at getting some Vortex optics for it this weekend. Just wondering what else are the best/most common accessories for an AR15

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
Bravo Company MOD 4 charging handle

Ambi safety

Those two are a must in my opinion. I also run a Magpul BAD lever and Geissele trigger in all of mine, but understandable if you don't. A JP reduced power spring set from Brownells is a cheap way to improve a mil-spec trigger.

I'm into AR's pretty heavily so let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Feb 4, 2016
The B.A.D. lever is an absolute must I agree! I currently use one from Magpul and one from Phase 5. The Phase 5 I like a little more, its studier, doesn't seem to have as much play and is overall really solid. But its double the cost of the Magpul ones I believe, and the Magpul BAD levers work just as they are intended to also, so it's all a matter of how much you want to spend on one.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
Ya can't go wrong with a new Magpul Stock either lol, Ive got one with a PRS stock and I love it however it was kinda purpose built to be a bipod rifle, that said jmo you can never go wrong with a good charging lever and a nice trigger group.. So many options available and not enough money to make them happen hahahahahahaha

Shawn Agne

Woodsman
Feb 22, 2016
As far as helping accuracy.

Most importantly you want to free float the barrel either via a quad rail or a float tube if you are going to use A2 hand guards. Also don't have a sling attachment point on the barrel. If you do and sling up it will affect the accuracy. Have the sling swivel on your rail or use the one on the float tube.

The other thing that will help on your brass life is running a Carrier Weight System, keeps the bolt locked just a tad longer to help the pressure decrease in the case before extraction.

The other thing is you want a good trigger. The stock, single stage triggers are horrible. Rock River makes a nice two stage NM trigger with a good break. The other two that are top of the line are X-treme Shooting Products or Geissele AR-15 triggers. I have a RR in the service rifle but I have a one each of the X-Treme and Geissele in the match course rifles. I'm more partial to the X-Treme.

CWS springs are nice not have the annoying TWANG that the regular springs do.