AR Triggers

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Hey kids. I'm looking to get my AR into marksmanship condition, and for me that means dumping the milspec trigger. I'm not wanting to spend huge bucks, but I'd put $100 or so into it.

Single stage is preferred, and in the 3-4 pound range. I'll be hunting with this rifle, so I'm not looking for something measured in ounces.

Ideas?

Is is possible to do an at home job worth a damn?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Hard to do a home job... I've ruined one hammer that way (but nobody was going to tell me otherwise before I did it).

I'd tell you to just get a Geissele, but that doesn't fit the budget constraint. Love my SDC triggers.
After browsing around I might do the GS2 Geissele.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
For under 100, the RRA national match is good. It's not that light but it's crisp with a good reset. I've got one one eBay for $70 shipped.

Primary Arms had a one piece drop in single for $98 on recent sale but I couldn't find any reviews or info about it, still wished I got it.

Reactions: Laufen

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Giessel is s good trigger and hard to beat. I was also pleased worth the cmc that I put in the 300 blk.

Last edited:

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Staying under $100 is the part. RRA puts their 2-stage on sale from time to time around $65. Mine breaks at 3.5lbs and is crisp.
Also take a look at the ALG A.C.T. trigger: http://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html
Bravo Company PMT I have heard good stuff on, put have not fingered it yet.

If you push your budget another $50, you will see a lot more options - POF, CMC, Velocity and a few others come into play.

I personally like drop-in triggers - less play and more consistent. Check out the Rise Armament SSA. I have seen them around $120

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
One more thing to consider.

In traditional style triggers there's a j spring in the hammer that locks the pin in place.

The one piece, drop in assemblies, like CMC and others don't. The pin holes are not what holds the hammer/sear. You normally need to install anti walk pins because the tension of the assembly and the j spring aren't holding the pins tight in the reciever. So add in that cost if the trigger doesn't include them, many don't.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Staying under $100 is the part. RRA puts their 2-stage on sale from time to time around $65. Mine breaks at 3.5lbs and is crisp.
Also take a look at the ALG A.C.T. trigger: http://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html
Bravo Company PMT I have heard good stuff on, put have not fingered it yet.

If you push your budget another $50, you will see a lot more options - POF, CMC, Velocity and a few others come into play.

I personally like drop-in triggers - less play and more consistent. Check out the Rise Armament SSA. I have seen them around $120
If you want a single stage under $100 the ALG ACT is the only way to go. I love the Rock River triggers, bought 3 of them last time they were on sale, but if you prefer a single stage, I won't be like the rest of these dicks and recommend something that's not what you asked for and costs more than your budget. ;)

Reactions: EugenFJR and Laufen

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
After browsing around I might do the GS2 Geissele.
I have that trigger and its fantastic for the money. VERY similar to the SSA-E IMHO.

You CAN do a trigger job on a GI trigger (I have the stoned to do it and have done all my mil-spec triggers).

You need to make sure you keep EVERYTHING SQUARE though. They make a fixture to help, but that will definitely go over $100 budget. Also, if you dont know what you are doing, its relatively easy to ruin a trigger (especially if you use to coarse of a stone).

I paid $119 for my G2S on sale. Hands down the best trigger for the money. I like it better than my KAC 2 -stage. Next would be the flat bow CMC catrige triggers. They are single stage triggers, but feel GREAT! The flat bow feels WAY better to me too. You will not be able to get a flat bow trigger in the Geissele lineup though for near the $100. The cheapest I have seen was $150 ish on black friday.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
If you want a single stage under $100 the ALG ACT is the only way to go. I love the Rock River triggers, bought 3 of them last time they were on sale, but if you prefer a single stage, I won't be like the rest of these dicks and recommend something that's not what you asked for and costs more than your budget. ;)
Meh, those ALG's are "ok". If you have the patience, you can stone a GI trigger into a better feeling pull for cheaper. If I did not have stones, or the know how, I may find the value, but since I do, they just seem to be a waste.

The RRA are the cheapest, descent value entry into 2-stage triggers, but the G2S feels more crisp and predictable for not much more, especially when on sale.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
In this price range, I have owned the Jard Single Stage, the CMC (single stage), and the G2S (two stage). He wants a single stage, so the G2S is out even though it's an amazing trigger for the money.

Of the Jard and CMC, I liked the CMC more.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
In this price range, I have owned the Jard Single Stage, the CMC (single stage), and the G2S (two stage). He wants a single stage, so the G2S is out even though it's an amazing trigger for the money.

Of the Jard and CMC, I liked the CMC more.
Well he said single stage is "preferred". I do agree about the CMC though. Probably the best single stage for the $$. Hard to beat that G2S though. Just a few bucks more and its really predictable.

Some good options have been presented though.