AR slings

American Revival Apparel Company

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I'll grab a picture later today- but it's just a plain old web sling.

It carries ok over the shoulder but the big plus for me is being able to get it wrapped around my arm for a "hasty sling" to stabilize the rifle. Makes a huge difference in my opinion.

image.jpeg

GI web sling.

Reactions: dial1911

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I can. But that specific VCAS can convert to one point so I needed the endplate with QD. My stock is a standard MOE so it doesn't have a QD spot but a new stock is on my list so I have more mounting options that I can quickly switch between.
Yeah I personally really like the quick adjust two points, and moreso the rear mount as far back as possible. Most comfortable and maneuverable for me.

Sent from my Obamaphone on Tapatalk

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
It all depends on what you expect out of your sling.

If you want something for a class that can be pulled tight to your chest, loosened instantly and pull back tight get a fancy one like @DarthVader recommends.

If your nuts don't get abused as much as you would like, get a single point.

If you want a carry strap, go to wal mart.

If you want a carry strap that doubles as a marksmanship aide and stabilizer, get a GI web sling.

There may be an option that can do more thing well, I'm just not that up on slings. I have one like the first example if at a class that requires quicker movements and prefer the GI the other 95% of the time.

Reactions: DarthVader

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
On that note, single point slings are fucking ridiculous.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I thought about a basic web sling but for my uses the ability to stabilize the rifle is
Yeah I personally really like the quick adjust two points, and moreso the rear mount as far back as possible. Most comfortable and maneuverable for me.

Sent from my Obamaphone on Tapatalk

Yeah. When I'm laying around with it when I get it I can still put it on the stock if I remove the QD swivel and run the strap through the slots. I figure I'll do a bit of trial and error till I find what works best for me.

Kaotiktribe

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
Gear sector 2 pt sling with 2 QD mounts. I can switch this set up between 6 AR's and 1 AK.

I also have the TIS quick cuff from my bolt gun that is pretty nice and offers stabilizing support.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I run the BFG Vickers 2-point sling, unpadded. I run them on every carbine, shotgun, and SBR I own but one.

The only one I don't run that sling on is my Colt 9mm SMG. It's so short and light that I run a single-point sling on it. This is an application where the single-point sling shines.

My SBR SIG556xi Russian isn't much longer than my Colt SMG, but it's heavier and bulkier, so it gets a 2-point sling.

Reactions: Kaotiktribe

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I've got a buddy who teaches with me from time to time. He did 12 years with Marine Force Recon and another 8 with NavSpecWar. Multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

All he runs is single-point slings; they work for him. So, I wouldn't call something "fucking ridiculous" if they don't work for you. They don't work for me in the vast majority of applications, but they have their good points.

As with any other piece of kit, when looking at single- vs 2-point slings, weigh the pros and cons of each and get the one that works best for YOU. If you have a chance, run them both under the same situations and see which one you prefer.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I've got a buddy who teaches with me from time to time. He did 12 years with Marine Force Recon and another 8 with NavSpecWar. Multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

All he runs is single-point slings; they work for him. So, I wouldn't call something "fucking ridiculous" if they don't work for you. They don't work for me in the vast majority of applications, but they have their good points.

As with any other piece of kit, when looking at single- vs 2-point slings, weigh the pros and cons of each and get the one that works best for YOU. If you have a chance, run them both under the same situations and see which one you prefer.

That's why I plan on spending a little extra to get one that's convertible between the two.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
That's why I plan on spending a little extra to get one that's convertible between the two.

If that works for you, then go for it.

For me personally, I don't like the convertible slings. The carbines and shotguns I run a 2-point on, I don't ever want a single-point on. I run a single-point on that one gun , but no other. If I had to go to one particular sling for all my guns, I would dump the single-point on the SMG and go to the 2-point on it as well. Would not discomfort me.

But, you've got to run what works for YOU. If it's the convertible sling, then get it.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
If that works for you, then go for it.

For me personally, I don't like the convertible slings. The carbines and shotguns I run a 2-point on, I don't ever want a single-point on. I run a single-point on that one gun , but no other. If I had to go to one particular sling for all my guns, I would dump the single-point on the SMG and go to the 2-point on it as well. Would not discomfort me.

But, you've got to run what works for YOU. If it's the convertible sling, then get it.

The Blue force gear VCAS I'm getting is a regular old two point VCAS with a extra little piece that has a QD hole to convert it to one point. If I slide that little piece off its no different then any other two point VCAS. I think I'm going to use it as a 2 point most of the time but for just a few ounces I'll have the single point option with no real effect on how it works as a 2 point.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
The Blue force gear VCAS I'm getting is a regular old two point VCAS with a extra little piece that has a QD hole to convert it to one point. If I slide that little piece off its no different then any other two point VCAS. I think I'm going to use it as a 2 point most of the time but for just a few ounces I'll have the single point option with no real effect on how it works as a 2 point.
Their solution for converting to a single point is the simplest thing I've ever seen. I don't have one because it came out after I bought my slings. But I haven't really ever thought, "gee, I wish this was a single point right now". If I was buying one today, I'd probably get the 221 just because options are nice to have.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I have a couple of the VTAC padded quick adjust slings; I like them, but I'm not an operator, so take that for what it's worth.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
You've got it all wrong man. You're an operator by default now!
I don't know about that, it took me a while to get them adjusted just right. Still haven't decided how much slack I want to leave ;)

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Their solution for converting to a single point is the simplest thing I've ever seen. I don't have one because it came out after I bought my slings. But I haven't really ever thought, "gee, I wish this was a single point right now". If I was buying one today, I'd probably get the 221 just because options are nice to have.

That's my thought process. It's a small increase in price to be able to have the option.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I have owned a number of the best-selling slings over the course of the last five years (when I first got into "modern sporting rifles"). For me, the blue force gear sling is by far the useful sling and I now own five of them. The vtac sling is a distant second.