Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I'm almost done with an AR9 pistol and thinking about optics now and can't decide between iron or red dot. What do you use on your AR pistol.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Good lawd those dots are sweet and come with a tax write off don't they.

CDNN was offering a deal when I got mine. It was in the Burris fastfire 2 price range - which is the most direct competitor and also a good optic (or so I hear).

Reactions: Red Dawn

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I have several Burris FastFire II's. I have them mounted on firearms that I don't classify as "serious" tools. I can't bring myself to totally trust the Burris (probably cuz I'm a snob and they're comparably cheap!), but I've never had an issue with any of them. One I bought used, had it mounted for years on a Benelli M2 Tactical that saw hard use, then it bounced around between several .22LR's, 5.56's, and a .300Blk, now it's on an 10" SBR SIG 556xi Russian in 7.62x39mm. Never had a single problem with it, other than I don't care for the battery life, but that's because I'm comparing it to an Aimpoint Micro T1.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
I have several Burris FastFire II's. I have them mounted on firearms that I don't classify as "serious" tools. I can't bring myself to totally trust the Burris (probably cuz I'm a snob and they're comparably cheap!), but I've never had an issue with any of them. One I bought used, had it mounted for years on a Benelli M2 Tactical that saw hard use, then it bounced around between several .22LR's, 5.56's, and a .300Blk, now it's on an 10" SBR SIG 556xi Russian in 7.62x39mm. Never had a single problem with it, other than I don't care for the battery life, but that's because I'm comparing it to an Aimpoint Micro T1.
My problem with the FastFire II/III and alike on AR pistols/shotguns is that they have a fairly narrow view angle compared to even an H-1/T-1. Although quicker than irons IMO, it isn't an improvement enough for me to mount one on a rifle framed "pistol" or a shotgun. That, and they do NOT look like they could take a drop very well, especially if on a loaded shotgun or AR.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I have several Burris FastFire II's. I have them mounted on firearms that I don't classify as "serious" tools.

Mine is on a 9mm AR SBR.

I'm not ready to put that particular setup in the "serious tool" category but it has been 100% so far.

If the skinnies are busting down my door, I have other options to send them packing.

roadsignmcclanahan

Riding this shit show straight to hell
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
Personally I'm all about vortex red dots. So far they have been the best bang for the buck, I've gotten. The sparc says 2 MOA, which I don't think is true. But they are still sweet optics for the price in them.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
That was Spectre II we made quite a loop that day. Hell of a ammo run too. LoL
Yes, we did. Never did get tout shoot though. I love the Gemtech 9mm I got from @DoglegArms! It runs real good on the Mac. Next time I am home long enough, we will have enough to meet up at High Falls and shoot

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Yes, we did. Never did get tout shoot though. I love the Gemtech 9mm I got from @DoglegArms! It runs real good on the Mac. Next time I am home long enough, we will have enough to meet up at High Falls and shoot
Hell yeah absolutely. Haven't shot the Max31 yet. Just seen badd ass pics that beast got juiced on roids since last time I shot it. @DoglegArms is da man he's got me waiting on another one.