AR pistol build

Howard Law

mmason3

Hunter
Jan 9, 2016
Winston-Salem NC
Zip code
I built my first AR15 back in the beginning of 2016 and was proud of the frankenrifle that I had forced life into. I went cheap and I've found over the last year and some change going cheap is not the way to build a rifle. This time when I built my AR pistol, chambered in 5.56, I took the time to research companies and actually invest in a reliable platform instead of just putting pieces together to make the whole. One thing I will say that helped was speaking with friends that have done this before and listening to advice from others. This pistol is the culmination of what I have learned over the last 18 months. While I didn't go into building with the mindset of "spare no expense" I tried to be as reasonable as possible and find quality at a fair price. I kept myself to a strict budget of no more than $1000 and I came out with what I think is a very solid build that I have no problem trusting with my life or those lives around me. I kept a build list on an Excel spreadsheet to help keep me on budget and give me a practical way to keep up with parts. I'll share the list and the pictures of the complete build. There are some items on the list that I have a "$0" next to, those were either gifted to me or parts that I had around. This was what kept me under my budget. Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!

F2pYtxX.png

R3RjoYs.jpg

0sByVs2.jpg

XLVOHTM.jpg

U3d2tf6.jpg

5nH7RId.jpg

8yMzTrU.jpg

Rp0ZihO.jpg

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Very nice! I need to go through my list of parts on my first build (AR9), I just found what I thought were good parts at reasonable pricing!

Reactions: mmason3

Okuma

Proprietor
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Zip code
Looks good. But how’d you get a lower for $7?

Reactions: mmason3

mmason3

Hunter
Jan 9, 2016
Winston-Salem NC
Zip code
Looks good. But how’d you get a lower for $7?
Back in June PSA was running one hell of a deal. I bought an M&P Shield 9mm for something like $299-$350 and got 3 house brand “blew” lowers. The lowers weren’t born at all, at least to my untrained eye. I looked up the street price of the M&P Shield as if I were to just purchase that alone and divided the difference by 3 to get the price of each lower individually. There was enough of a difference in price that the lowers weren’t technically free.

Reactions: Righter13 and Okuma