Any MPX owners?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I agree. I like the AR15 controls on the MPX but I don't want to commit (SBR) to a gun that has flaws. Plus the magazines for the MPX are currently $70 vs $20 for the CZ Scorpion

I'm leaning towards SBRing the CZ. It has some things I don't really like also though.
I've been so close to clicking buy on the MPx, I think I'll probably got the CZ route. I just like shit to work properly.

calebp

Hunter
Mar 24, 2015
United States
This is what I do not understand. Does sig not shoot the goddamn guns they are making over 1k times and realize they have charging handle slop issues? Such a pretty gun though.

So.... Who wins the quietest 9mm sbr/carbine battle? Heard the cz is reasonably quiet, that thread pitch though. Maybe an mp5 clone? I am pretty sure it wouldn't be a DI ar9. Ended up in a tavor recently but if I am gonna have that much tied up in a gun I want it to be something I can shoot off the back porch.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Quiet is all relative.

MPX, Scorpion, AR(9mm), Uzi, MP5, MPA, etc. are all going to be really quiet relative to rifle cartridges suppressed (using 147 gr .subsonic).

What are you looking to do with this? Target shooting, range toy, etc.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
BTW-QRF has this for $1329.99 which is about $50 cheaper than preppers! Shop local shop often!

calebp

Hunter
Mar 24, 2015
United States
Quiet is all relative.

MPX, Scorpion, AR(9mm), Uzi, MP5, MPA, etc. are all going to be really quiet relative to rifle cartridges suppressed (using 147 gr .subsonic).

What are you looking to do with this? Target shooting, range toy, etc.
Backyard range toy/go to home defense. I roll my own 147, and it is quiet enough to shoot suppressed out of the g19. I have shot a standard psa 9mm ar suppressed and it was louder than I liked.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Backyard range toy/go to home defense. I roll my own 147, and it is quiet enough to shoot suppressed out of the g19. I have shot a standard psa 9mm ar suppressed and it was louder than I liked.

AR15's in 9mm blowback can and more than likely will be loud.

Honestly, I have yet to find anything half as quiet as my UZI. I don't think my uzi is backyard qyiet.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
AR15's in 9mm blowback can and more than likely will be loud.

Honestly, I have yet to find anything half as quiet as my UZI. I don't think my uzi is backyard qyiet.
You will like the M11/9 suppressed!

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Just the cmmg kit.

It's no louder than my mp5k, IMO

But your Uzi is pretty nuts.

Well I broke down today and ordered a Hahn mag block, RRA 9mm buffer, and Wolff extra power recoil spring. I am also using this upper on my lower that has the extra power hammer spring in it. I am hoping I can slow that bolt down enough to get the gun where it is at least somewhat quiet to shoot.

I shot it yesterday in the backyard and my son said, "I thought you said it was suppresses." It was fucking LOUD!

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Well I broke down today and ordered a Hahn mag block, RRA 9mm buffer, and Wolff extra power recoil spring. I am also using this upper on my lower that has the extra power hammer spring in it. I am hoping I can slow that bolt down enough to get the gun where it is at least somewhat quiet to shoot.

I shot it yesterday in the backyard and my son said, "I thought you said it was suppresses." It was fucking LOUD!

I hope to get a 45di upper or QC10 Glock lower eventually. There's a di 9 upper too, apparently it avoids all the port pop issues

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I hope to get a 45di upper or QC10 Glock lower eventually. There's a di 9 upper too, apparently it avoids all the port pop issues

I know where a complete 45 DI gun is for about 600.......

calebp

Hunter
Mar 24, 2015
United States

Is this the answer? Been kicking around a qc10 lower, DI upper (open to suggestions), JP Captured spring build to try and get the quietest possible 9mm host. Unsure if it would match the sound level of a purpose built sub gun, Also curious as to what barrel length would be optimal for a build like this. I roll my own 9mm so ammo could be tuned to build.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Oh :( anybody know what the cheapest entry level mg would be currently?
Unfortunately, my friend, this is the way that they are going. The best entry level subgun is an M11/9 as there are Lage and other aftermarket conversions that are reasonably priced. Subguns.com and Sturmgewehr.com. The M11 in .380 is probably the next best or an M10/45. You can find some deals on other types of MGs but they are pretty much platform specific with no aftermarket support.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Is this the answer? Been kicking around a qc10 lower, DI upper (open to suggestions), JP Captured spring build to try and get the quietest possible 9mm host. Unsure if it would match the sound level of a purpose built sub gun, Also curious as to what barrel length would be optimal for a build like this. I roll my own 9mm so ammo could be tuned to build.
iirc from speaking with Ron Williams, he hadn't tried anything shorter than something like 10"