Another theater shooting...

GA Firing Line

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Should have had a holster and a Ruger LCP. Another smack to be used in the Media against citizens arming themselves.

I went to see The Borne Legacy at a local Theater, after dinner this weekend. I noticed a young employee walking around during the movie checking the exit door. I'm sure had some lunatic with a shot gun burst through the door, she would have severely chastised him or whacked him over the head with her flash light. The theater has a legal "No Concealed Weapons Allowed" Sign posted by the main entrance.

I took my boat out to a near by lake twice this week. On the entrance gate is a clearly posted, legal "No Concealed Weapons Allowed" Sign. I suppose if a fellow with a CWP were to go ahead and carry anyway and should he have to defend himself from an attack hopefully the Law would "understand".

I'm too old to run and sure as heck don't think playing dead would help.

millsriver

Hunter
Jun 21, 2012
North Carolina
I believe we should politely inform businesses that post signs prohibiting CCW, that we do not feel safe with their policy and absolute lack of security provided by the business owner. We can vote with our feet and and dollars. It does not do any good to avoid those places without letting the owners know why. If they are willing to spend the money to provide adequate security for their patrons, that is another matter.

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
millsriver said:
I believe we should politely inform businesses that post signs prohibiting CCW, that we do not feel safe with their policy and absolute lack of security provided by the business owner. We can vote with our feet and and dollars. It does not do any good to avoid those places without letting the owners know why. If they are willing to spend the money to provide adequate security for their patrons, that is another matter.
Now, there is a stance I agree with. I ask what kind of armed security is in place to protect the non-carrying patron from criminals that don't care about the "no concealed weapons" sign. When I get that blank stare, I say I won't be spending my money here, and neither will my many friends who have lawful conceal carry permits.

That's about all you can do.

Or, you can just go on in and enjoy the venue and no one would be the wiser unless something happened to warrant one resorting to his or her concealed weapon to defend themselves and perhaps others. I'd think the consequences would be worth it and a chance to make a positive statement.

My wife and I were out for a shopping day in Colorado Springs (not an overly safe town, by the way). I was in a T shirt, Wranglers and boots. She'd put her arm around my waist while walking and said, surprised, "You aren't carrying your gun today!"

"Wow, maybe the sky wont fall," I said, dodging the issue and basically not answering.

I had my SR9c in an N82 Tactical Pro at cross draw under my T shirt.

Armed citizen and no one is the wiser. I like it that way.

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
It used to be very common in the areas we frequent to see "No Weapons" signs. I've noticed them slowly - actually almost overnight - disappear as the culture becomes more comfortable with responsible citizen carry and less belief that LEO is a motivating deterrent against crime.

In this area, IMO, this is almost a non-issue anymore. Public facilities remain as always, but private has pretty much swung our way.