Ankle Holsters

Faktory 47

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I have to carry discreetly at my work based on my Boss' wishes so I had to start trying out holsters different than my OWB and OWB small of the back holster.

Well I've come to love my Galco ankle holster and G33. Only issue is my tactical turd friends say im an old man now. I just cant stand having my belt and pants sticking out on my hip or having a gun that pokes into my back when I take a seat.

I can draw it plenty fast from a sitting position in a desk or in my car, and it is slower from standing, but it does the best job of convincing me to carry every morning.

Anyone else ever find themselves gravitate to a less than tactical set up? Or conversely how else could I be carrying under a suit in the courtroom that ensures a low likelihood that the gun is ever seen?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Can you legally carry in the courtroom?

You probably won't find a better option than an ankle holster, just mind the length of your pants.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Can you legally carry in the courtroom?

You probably won't find a better option than an ankle holster, just mind the length of your pants.
I'm technically law enforcement according to Georgia Law so its up to courthouse security which has given me the green light

Reactions: Laufen

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
This may be a dumb idea. Could you carry a pocket gun as well as the ankle gun? that way depending on your position you would have access to one or the other?

I used to carry a snub nose on my ankle from time to time and it was a good compromise for when I could not carry on my waist. Ankle carry was also nice for long drives.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
This may be a dumb idea. Could you carry a pocket gun as well as the ankle gun? that way depending on your position you would have access to one or the other?

I used to carry a snub nose on my ankle from time to time and it was a good compromise for when I could not carry on my waist. Ankle carry was also nice for long drives.
I'm a sucker for designer suits like Kenneth Cole, so with current fashion my pockets aren't super loose to not print

Reactions: AtlMedic

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I'm a sucker for designer suits like Kenneth Cole, so with current fashion my pockets aren't super loose to not print
Then I think ankle carry is about your only good option at that point short of having your suits tailored around a gun.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
My half brother is a pastor and carries concealed with the undertech shirt, he is pleased with it and it conceals good. Obviously he just has to be cautious with which side he hugs people, but I feel this wouldn't be an issue with you (at least I hope not). Also he is wearing suits when he is wearing concealed this way.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Have you tried a belly band? If you could practice drawing from it they are actually really comfortable. I hardly ever carry IWB or OWB anymore. 99.999% of the time I either pocket carry, ankle carry or use a belly band around my chest and have the gun underneath my arm. I'm always picking my daughter up and carrying her around so I don't want to risk a "grip slip" in a public place carrying IWB or OWB even with a concealment garment.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
The ankle is my go to when I’m in a professional setting and absolutely can not have my gun exposed. The Galco Ankle Glove is super comfortable and very low risk of it being exposed. Just don’t cross your legs while sitting.

H

Hoss

I wear boots so my ankle holster is in my boot. It stays very concealed.

Dec 28, 2016
Tallassee, Alabama
Zip code
Personally I only use the Ankle Glove by Galco
dfb17c6a90306ffe3c0c0c4d5ffc00e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk