An honest news reporter

Faktory 47
M

mukwah

Thanks Tex for posting!! Good to hear something positive on guns for a change!!
Think I'll start watching Fox since I blocked out CNN permanently!!! :-[

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
A Reality Check indeed.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Well stated. I've said all along that cars do more damage than guns! Slowhand hit the nail on the head with his statement. It's all about the Progressive Left "Thinking" they have done good by enacting new laws, but in reality, have made things much worse for us, the Law abiding citizen! Yogi :-[

R

rayzer007

Slowhand said:
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson

The more things change, the more they stay the same; and, there is nothing new under the sun.
Smart man, that Thomas Jefferson!

Ray

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Slowhand said:
A Reality Check indeed.

I do wish that this would get published in a place where the masses would be likely to read and understand it along with understanding who wrote it.

This whole episode we're in reminds me of a cartoon I saw many years ago. There were two masked crooks chatting around the corner from a crowd. One's telling the other "They let me go but they're lynching my gun". The crowd around the corner had a pistol suspended from a rope as if they were executing it.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
We are in an uphill battle this time. It isn't just the left starting to talk the anti-gun talk. Several, including Joe Donelly of Indiana, that were endorsed by the NRA are now rubbing shoulders with the gun grabbers. Most of the time when gun guys start the whole "the sky is falling, better hide your guns" talk I just shake my head. But this time I am deeply concerned. One thing that gives me a little hope is that the Christmas break combined with all the fiscal cliff stuff may give some of the people in congress time to cool their heads a little.

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
Gallup Poll: 54% of American support the NRA and the Pro-Gun Lobby.

Let's hope that's more accurate than their POTUS polls were this summer and fall.

L.H.

R

rayzer007

bigdogdaddy said:
Is an honest news reporter like a jumbo shrimp? ::)

Those phrases are called 'oxymorons' ;)
There's a lot of them, and they are kind of fun - "military intelligence" for example!
Ray

millsriver

Hunter
Jun 21, 2012
North Carolina
President Kennedy once hosted a dinner at the White House of all of the Noble prize winners alive at the time. He said ""There has never been a greater concentration of intellectual power here at the White House since Thomas Jefferson dined alone."