An example of a brief letter to an elected official.

Howard Law

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
I wrote it. You can use it, modify it, add to it, etc. Then send it to all of your representatives.

Please take a look at the website: www.justfacts.com, especially the section on gun control: http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

It appears to be an unbiased research site, providing facts (with citations and a statement of credibility criteria) on different issues and areas.

Since there are many 'facts' being thrown about, many of which are chosen to support a particular view, this is a good source for accurate data with which to approach the gun issue. I think you will find it useful.

I think we should be conversant with those facts that show guns can be used to stop crime and violence, as well as those that show guns are used in violent crime.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Well done. Thank God I'm a speed reader. I read through the section on gun control and found it to be well written and full of loads of information. Too bad are politicians that have their own agenda will not let facts and statistics stand in their way. The one thing that amazes me is how they can continue to claim that the 2nd Amendment only applies to the Federal Government, thus allowing States and Cities to institute Draconian gun laws that only serve to disarm law abiding citizens.

We had better focus on the elections in 2014 and make a Lame Duck out of this Administration. If he stacks the deck in the Supreme Court it's going to get rough. "Vive in libertate aut morere!"

Thanks for the post.