Ameriglo Hackathorn sights

GA Firing Line

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I picked up a set of Ameriglo Hackathorn sights for my G43 a couple weeks ago and thought I'd write up a short review. Also so @Righter13 gave me shit about stock sights on it when I posted a picture before.

I haven't shot much with them but so far I really like them. They have a plain black front with some texture and a front nightsight with orange around it. I haven't ever used a plain black rear but so far I like it much better than a three dot set up.

The rear has a nice ledge on the front for one hand manipulation if needed. Both the front and rear went on with no trouble or filling needed.

I got these from amazon for $65 which I thought was a pretty good price. I plan on putting them on my 19 soon to replace the Glock night sights.

IMG_2043.JPG IMG_2044.JPG IMG_2045.JPG IMG_2046.JPG

Reactions: Righter13

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I picked up a set of Ameriglo Hackathorn sights for my G43 a couple weeks ago and thought I'd write up a short review. Also so @Righter13 gave me shit about stock sights on it when I posted a picture before.

I haven't shot much with them but so far I really like them. They have a plain black front with some texture and a front nightsight with orange around it. I haven't ever used a plain black rear but so far I like it much better than a three dot set up.

The rear has a nice ledge on the front for one hand manipulation if needed. Both the front and rear went on with no trouble or filling needed.

I got these from amazon for $65 which I thought was a pretty good price. I plan on putting them on my 19 soon to replace the Glock night sights.

View attachment 27856 View attachment 27857 View attachment 27858 View attachment 27859
Same sights I run but with a tritium dot in the rear too. I think they're called the "I Dot"

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Especially for the price. I wanted some trijicon HDs but they are out of my budget. I can get two sets of these for cheaper than the HDs.

I have a set of HD's and I prefer the U-notch rear site on them over the Hackathorns but I like the Hackathorns too. The tritium dots on the rear of the HD's aren't really visible unless it's in low light though so for anyone reading this if you prefer a 3 dot style setup the HD's probably aren't going to work all that well for you. I prefer a plain rear sight so they work just fine for me. I wish the Hackathorns had a U-notch rear sight.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I have a set of HD's and I prefer the U-notch rear site on them over the Hackathorns but I like the Hackathorns too. The tritium dots on the rear of the HD's aren't really visible unless it's in low light though so for anyone reading this if you prefer a 3 dot style setup the HD's probably aren't going to work all that well for you. I prefer a plain rear sight so they work just fine for me. I wish the Hackathorns had a U-notch rear sight.
I would have liked the U notch but for the price I was able to overlook that.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I would have liked the U notch but for the price I was able to overlook that.

I've gotten so used to a U-notch that I've gotta have one now. The Orange outline really fits perfectly in the rear notch on the HD's. I'm going to put a set of Hackathorns on my wife's 42 though. I've already put enough money into that thing with all of the Hyve shit that she wanted on it.

Reactions: AtlMedic