Amazon Prime Day - July 15

American Revival Apparel Company

Green Panther

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, Georgia
Their strategy was to 1. Increase their profits before the end of the fiscal year by selling a bunch of crap which usually doesn't sell well, with a few good selling items (Tv's at good prices). 2. Increase their base of Prime users which probably was successful since many people signed up for Prime just to have a shot at this sale. 3. To divert some of the yearly sales to a slower time for retail vs. Black Friday.

Green Panther

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, Georgia
In the end, Amazon truly dropped the ball and probably pissed off more of their existing customers than anything else. They had the opportunity to essentially create a new shopping holiday with Prime Day, and that just didn't happen.

Reactions: Laufen

jwtug

Tamer of Electrons
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 6, 2015
Dixie (and Powder Springs)
Zip code
In the end, Amazon truly dropped the ball and probably pissed off more of their existing customers than anything else. They had the opportunity to essentially create a new shopping holiday with Prime Day, and that just didn't happen.
IF they do this again next year they will have to put some good deals out there. Otherwise people might ignore it all together. I bought 4 items. One was $20 cheaper than there normal price and the other 3 was $5 cheaper than normal prime pricing. I was going to buy the stuff anyway. There were no deals that I saw that made me spend unexpected money on.

Reactions: Green Panther

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
@Green Panther you said it best. i logged in at the start... saw that nothing i was looking for was in stock ... yes shit sold that fast. closed my browser tab and came back to whoring here.

this was like the hot chick that you see in the distance, and as you got closer you realized it was just a misnomer and is actually a dude. (bad jenner joke i know))

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
They should have stuck with the BF plan. Have fewer items, but larger discounts. Ten million items that were 5-10% off isn't that exciting.

Reactions: madHatter