Alien Gear IWB for $28.88 received today - intitial reaction....

Howard Law

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
You have probably seen their full page ads in various gun enthusiasts' magazine advertising what looks to be a very nice "Crossbreed style" IWB for 30 bucks. What!! I paid more than twice that amount for my last real Crossbreed. Being a holster fanatic, I just had to take a look. Took out the 'ol Visa, paid online and after what felt like long wait (3-4 weeks? but faster than many), I received my holster in the mail today. Realizing from the return address that it actually arrived, I said to myself before opening the envelope, "this is gonna be good, it's gotta be a piece of poop for $30 but what the heck, let's take a look."

Fast forward....Holy invading aliens, this thing is really nice. Extremely well made, I wanted it with the FBI cant and it has, the back is sweat resistant, the clips are what you find on most similar designed IWB's, the rest of the hardware (screws and rubber spacers) is top notch, and mine required no adjustment for cant and height. As for the plastic holster itself, it fit my Walther PPS like a glove! The gun snaps right and the plastic extends to the muzzle, something I particularly like. The leather back is thicker (50%) than you'll find on other IWB's and therefore I expect a longer break-in until it conforms to your body but it should provide more cushion and maybe even more comfort long-term. It is tuckable, tension adjustable, and just an all-around good looking holster that you would swear costs twice as much (for the jaded out there, I have zero to do with the company, I never contacted Alien nor did they ever contact me asking for a review).

I am a little concerned about the thicker leather but will just have to wear it and see how things develop. No matter what though, I think it's a pretty good value at 30 bucks. I'll report back after I have worn it for a while. If it's not comfortable as far as I'm concerned, I just lost thirty bucks but I have a feeling it's gonna work.

https://aliengearholsters.com/

Alien1_zpsd36d5e8a.jpg

alien2_zps3882d3d8.jpg

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
I wish I had not opted for the full muzzle coverage. It adds bulk and places extra pressure on my hip. I recommend not getting it. The plastic mold holster portion is also a little less flexible and thicker than you'd find on most Kydex holsters so it doesn't quite "give" as much. That too can detract from overall comfort. But for $30, this rig is certainly worth a try. If you don't like it you can return it within 30 days for a full refund.

drzzit

Scout
Nov 4, 2013
NM
This a great holster. I have one for a Taurus PT740 SLIM and it fits great. Also have an extra kydex shell for a Springfield EMP that can be used on the same leather backer. As to the thicker leather, its not a problem, after wearing it for a week, it molded to My body fine. You can also order loops if You don't want the clips. They will even exchange the kydex shell if You ever change guns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
Didn't work for me and I ended up sending it back for refund. To be fair, the full muzzle coverage model was uncomfortable - dug into my hip. Had it not been for that I probably would have kept it.