Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
all ym friends airsofted

we would go to a park in chamblee in a secluded part, like 20 deep, and then spread out and fan in on each other

good times.....probably would have a swat team called on us these days though

When I was actively playing airsoft didn't yet really exist, at least not that anyone I knew knew of. Mind you, 98-00 was in the dark ages before the internet was really popular and AOL discs were a mythical key to some crazy place that you could look at pictures of stuff on your computer.

Reactions: Thenut

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
When I was actively playing airsoft didn't yet really exist, at least not that anyone I knew knew of. Mind you, 98-00 was in the dark ages before the internet was really popular and AOL discs were a mythical key to some crazy place that you could look at pictures of stuff on your computer.
i remember the dics

those made for great improvised throwing weapons

OreGear

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
Lane County, Oregon
www.OreGear.org
...The added element of having an actual attacker closing the distance on you really makes you realize:
A. How difficult it can be to draw and fire before it's too late
B. How difficult it can be to get a hit on someone
C. How fast everything happens
D. Even though you're under 1/1000 of the stress of a real SD scenario your fine motor skills diminish quite badly

THIS!
In my experience, airsoft is a good and inexpensive option when it comes to force on force training. You can train people in how to utilize cover and communicate all day long, but once tiny little BBs start flying by them, they shut down. Even though everyone knows it's non-lethal, the stress factor goes to 11.

I think it's very useful training as long as you avoid the mall ninja airsofters.

Reactions: Shemp