Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Anybody here train at home with airsoft guns?

I do to practice draw and fire drills in the back yard with a gas blow back M&P. I know airaoft is looked down on but like guns it is just a tool to sharpen your skills. I can train with something that mimics the real steel and develop muscle memory.

What are your thoughts about airsoft training or airsoft in general?

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Pfft...like I'd be caught dead in woodland camo noob
lol, now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against airsoft, if it helps you train, I'm all for it.

I just wanted to make sure that when you said "airsoft" you didn't also mean that you dressed up like a retard and started shouting a bunch of nonsensical alpha-numeric codes to nonexistent team-members while diving over nonexistent obstacles .....

Last edited:

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Pfft...like I'd be caught dead in woodland camo noob
Kryptek, or go home!

For the purpose of actual skill development, I think it has value. The only reason airsoft has a bad rap is because of the guys like the one pictured above. When I was looking into buying a plate carrier last year, 9/10 youtube reviews were from airsoft guys. They were spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, to purchase and kit up a top of the line PC. Many of them would actually look to clone how SEALs, Delta or some other SF group set up their PC. It is idiotic. All to play a game and look like their favorite operator idols.

Reactions: Shemp

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Kryptek, or go home!

For the purpose of actual skill development, I think it has value. The only reason airsoft has a bad rap is because of the guys like the one pictured above. When I was looking into buying a plate carrier last year, 9/10 youtube reviews were from airsoft guys. They were spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, to purchase and kit up a top of the line PC. Many of them would actually look to clone how SEALs, Delta or some other SF group set up their PC. It is idiotic. All to play a game and look like their favorite operator idols.

I never understood why they just dont join the Army, Navy, Marine Corps or what ever...

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I never understood why they just dont join the Army, Navy, Marine Corps or what ever...
All show and no go?

Heck, I didn't serve, so I can't criticize anyone. But I will anyway, because this is the Internet and I can.

My best guess is that they'd have to reduce their daily twinkie intake and move out of mom's basement. The fear of doing your own laundry, making your own bed, being separated from your PS4 and having to get out of bed before 10AM, is real.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Seriously though, these guys were spending $300-500 for a bare PC, probably another $300-500 on pouches, radios, etc. And then stuffing Styrofoam into the plate pockets. No lie.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Seriously though, these guys were spending $300-500 for a bare PC, probably another $300-500 on pouches, radios, etc. And then stuffing Styrofoam into the plate pockets. No lie.
Plates are heavy bro. We wouldn't want the little fuckers to risk actual exertion.

Art, I do a lot of work at home with real weapons. The AR gets a chamber flag, the Glock gets a snap cap and they're always in a safe direction (usually my neighbors house because I hate them) Draws, reloads, transitions....all that monotonous bullshit.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
lol, now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against airsoft, if it helps you train, I'm all for it.

I just wanted to make sure that when you said "airsoft" you didn't also mean that you dressed up like a retard and started shouting a bunch of nonsensical alpha-numeric codes to nonexistent team-members while diving over nonexistent obstacles .....

Sounds like a normal night at the Rusty Swallow with your "bros"

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
It is a shame that airsoft has gained it's bad reputation from all the SEAL team six operators between the ages of 12 and 40 that do it.

I have seen a lot of training classes start using it. I think the real value is force on force training. I plan on taking a couple pistol and rifle classes this year but aside from being at the class my ability to put what I learn into practice is very limited as it is for most people. I can do the same type of drills with airsoft in my garage rain or shine.

What I'd really like to do is a force on force self defense exercise. Having an armed opponent actually attack you,either with another airsoft pistol or a rubber knife, whilst you either draw and fire or try to get away. The added element of having an actual attacker closing the distance on you really makes you realize:
A. How difficult it can be to draw and fire before it's too late
B. How difficult it can be to get a hit on someone
C. How fast everything happens
D. Even though you're under 1/1000 of the stress of a real SD scenario your fine motor skills diminish quite badly

As for why the older airsoft commandos don't join a real armed service...I guess it's the same reason why guys that buy KAC ARs, peltors,and full plate carriers and Molle gear in 4xl that think they are a one man army after going to one rifle class that then think that of shtf they can defend their neighborhood single handedly from their lifted jeep wrangler blasting Florida Georgia line dont join...

Last edited:

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
i enjoyed airsoft a bunch when i was younger

hell, id love to shoot at my friends again today, but even at 27 i feel like i could fall and hurt myself and it would take 2 weeks to feel better

i dont know wtf happened but in the last 5 years my body has changed to the point where i cant just get up and walk away from everything like i use to

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
It is a shame that airsoft has gained it's bad reputation from all the SEAL team six operators between the ages of 12 and 40 that do it.

I have seen a lot of training classes start using it. I think the real value is force on force training. I plan on taking a couple pistol and rifle classes this year but aside from being at the class my ability to put what I learn into practice is very limited as it is for most people. I can do the same type of drills with airsoft in my garage rain or shine.

What I'd really like to do is a force on force self defense exercise. Having an armed opponent actually attack you,either with another airsoft pistol or a rubber knife, whilst you either draw and fire or try to get away. The added element of having an actual attacker closing the distance on you really makes you realize:
D. Even though you're under 1/1000 of the stress of a real SD scenario your fine motor skills diminish quite badly

As for why the older airsoft commandos don't join a real armed service...I guess it's the same reason why guys that buy KAC ARs, peltors,and full plate carriers and Molle gear in 4xl that think they are a one man army after going to one rifle class think that of shtf they can defend their neighborhood single handedly from their lifter jeep wrangler blasting Florida Georgia line dont join...
my coffee is all on the monitor from this

thats fuckin funny

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
this looks fun. I wish I would have known about it when I was in Germany

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015

As for why the older airsoft commandos don't join a real armed service...I guess it's the same reason why guys that buy KAC ARs, peltors,and full plate carriers and Molle gear in 4xl that think they are a one man army after going to one rifle class that then think that of shtf they can defend their neighborhood single handedly from their lifted jeep wrangler blasting Florida Georgia line dont join...

If you want, I'll come over with my pellet gun and just shoot at you while you try a bunch of different tactics

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
its sad that grown men have to resort to this since they cant own firearms

looks fun but i wouldnt want to be relegated to it only

Well if they could own firearms I don't see why they couldn't do both. They aren't mutually exclusive and if used properly would compliment each other.

I would hate only having 1 option and it not be owning a real AR.

Reactions: Thenut

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Well if they could own firearms I don't see why they couldn't do both. They aren't mutually exclusive and if used properly would compliment each other.

I would hate only having 1 option and it not be owning a real AR.
thats kinda what i meant

airsoft is big here but only for the 18 and under crowd generally

in japan and germany, where grown men are treated like kids, they have no other option which is why airsoft is so popular

if it was about just shooting at each other they would paintball. but airsoft is supposed to mimic real firearms and tactics more so

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
thats kinda what i meant

airsoft is big here but only for the 18 and under crowd generally

in japan and germany, where grown men are treated like kids, they have no other option which is why airsoft is so popular

if it was about just shooting at each other they would paintball. but airsoft is supposed to mimic real firearms and tactics more so

I wish paintball was what it used to be when I played back in 98-01. Back then, at least in my area, paintball was more of a tactics game like some airsoft is now. The paintball gained in popularity and smaller field started springing up everywhere. This led to what paintball is now, spray and pray with a bunch of running around giant pillows thrown in.

Reactions: Thenut

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
I wish paintball was what it used to be when I played back in 98-01. Back then, at least in my area, paintball was more of a tactics game like some airsoft is now. The paintball gained in popularity and smaller field started springing up everywhere. This led to what paintball is now, spray and pray with a bunch of running around giant pillows thrown in.
all ym friends airsofted

we would go to a park in chamblee in a secluded part, like 20 deep, and then spread out and fan in on each other

good times.....probably would have a swat team called on us these days though