Aimpoint Pro QRP2 Question

GA Firing Line

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I just ordered one and was looking for opinions on the QRP2 mount that comes with it. All the reviews are positive yet some people want to buy QD mounts.

Impressions of the QRP2?

H

Hoss

I just ordered one and was looking for opinions on the QRP2 mount that comes with it. All the reviews are positive yet some people want to buy QD mounts.

Impressions of the QRP2?
The QRP2 doesn't have a quick release lever, if I'm not mistaken. You can add one of the

Impressions of the QRP2?
The QRP2 doesn't have a quick release lever, if I'm not mistaken. You can add one of the BOBRO levers but it costs almost as much as a new base.

Impressions of the QRP2?
The QRP2 doesn't have a quick release lever, if I'm not mistaken. You can add one of the BORBRO

Reactions: Strider12

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
In my limited experience with mine it seems well built and sturdy. From some reading it appears that even though it's not QD people have had good luck with it returning to zero.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
The QRP2 doesn't have a quick release lever, if I'm not mistaken. You can add one of the

The QRP2 doesn't have a quick release lever, if I'm not mistaken. You can add one of the BOBRO levers but it costs almost as much as a new base.

The QRP2 doesn't have a quick release lever, if I'm not mistaken. You can add one of the BORBRO

The thumb screw on the QRP2 is spring loaded and ratchets so you cannot over tighten it. That said, taking it off can be done by hand, and just a few turns. About as quick as a traditional QD lever.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I personally am a fan of the QRP2. I prefer it over a QD lever.

me too.

no need for a QD mount unless your don't like the QRP knob.

i have unattached and reattached my aimpoint pro three times without loss of zero.