Aftermarket glock mags

Howard Law

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
we all know the Korean mags are questionable at best.

What are yalls experiences with Magpul and those clear glock mags?

I want factory for carrying, but would like inexpensive reliable ones for training and range time.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Magpuls are fine IMO. I've been using a few for range and competition for well over a year and no issues. At this point I wouldn't hesitate to use them as carry mags. PA has had them on sale for $11 several times.

KCI are either good or not good. I've had a couple for years that are fine, and another I threw in the trash. But the magpuls are practically the same price, so there's no reason to buy anymore.

Reactions: Wallace

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Magpuls are fine IMO. I've been using a few for range and competition for well over a year and no issues. At this point I wouldn't hesitate to use them as carry mags. PA has had them on sale for $11 several times.

KCI are either good or not good. I've had a couple for years that are fine, and another I threw in the trash. But the magpuls are practically the same price, so there's no reason to buy anymore.
I have a couple KCI and they run fine but yes, why buy those when Magpuls are right there $$ wise.

Still letting the Magpuls go a minute though. I just don't have the 100% confidence in them since their initial release that had issues.

Maybe im just paranoid. Then again, I have several 19 mags that need to go back to Glock as they have reached their usable service life and now have feeding issues. So, I suppose my worries are not really warranted.

Reactions: freedom

LethalEdge

Missing a marble or two
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2016
Woodstock
Zip code
In respect to the Magpul mags, you do need to make sure they are date coded 5/15 or later. Magpul admits that they had the wrong design with the initial release. Most stores have the new ones, but I have seen the earlier versions at local shows.

Reactions: AtlMedic

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I have a couple KCI and they run fine but yes, why buy those when Magpuls are right there $$ wise.

Still letting the Magpuls go a minute though. I just don't have the 100% confidence in them since their initial release that had issues.

Maybe im just paranoid. Then again, I have several 19 mags that need to go back to Glock as they have reached their usable service life and now have feeding issues. So, I suppose my worries are not really warranted.

I have a dozen in the packaging and 3 out that I use a lot. Basically extended personal testing. I've tried keeping them fully loaded in my range bag, to simulate a carry mag, done mag dumps, bowling pin and steel shoots. Never a hiccup, but I didn't buy any until the problems were fixed.

I did buy 5 factory 19 mags at a GSSF shoot for $10 each, but that kinda thing doesn't present itself very often.

They are noticeably lighter than the factory mags and only have one witness hole. The feedlips are plastic, so there's a potential for problems I guess, but I'm comfortable with them at this point.

Creeper

Hunter
Jul 11, 2016
Senoia
Zip code
I only use factory, never had any luck with any after market. I like that Glock will swap out their mags for new ones

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I bought four of the 'original' Magpul G17 mags... if they're on sale for $11, probably worth a shot. At the MSRP ($15ish ??) I'd rather just get factory Glock mags.

I wasn't super impressed with the old Magpul mags persoanlly. I just wanted a few because, I guess. I'm going to stick with factory mags.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
bought a couple of kci drums for my TNW ASR...we'll see how they run...or not.

BackWoods

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Temple
Zip code
Magpuls are good to go. They had some QC issues when they first came out, were yanked off the shelves and quickly fixed. The ETS "clear" mags are pretty neat and you get larger capacities I believe? I've only had a chance to hold a couple. The KCI mags I've used(33rd) ran fine. If you have issues you can always switch out the followers and springs(super cheap) with Glock branded ones and still come out cheaper than retail for Glock mags.

Reactions: AtlMedic