Advice on AK furniture.

Howard Law

Para13ellum

Hunter
Jul 1, 2015
Hey guys. So I decided to go plastic on my saiga 7.62. What are your preferences on different components?
I'm leaning toward a Magpul Akm forend. Still completely up in the air on a stock. I like the looks of the archangel stock but haven't heard anything about them. The new magpul stock (non-folder) looks cool but, the same with the archangel promag, it looks flimsy. I have a Phoenix technoloies stock on my 12 gauge that's pretty solid. The Tapco stocks would be fine if it didn't say Tapco on it. What do y'all think of the Ace stocks?

My main reason is looks. This is going to become my go to rifle so I want it to look evil. I recently changed the furniture on my old mans WASR and it made a big difference in how intimidating it looks.
This is the current furniture she is wearing: image.jpg

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Honestly the only thing I would change is the pistol grip. I would find a nice wood pistol grip to match the rest of the furniture. That gun looks like an AK is supposed to.

Para13ellum

Hunter
Jul 1, 2015
So just find a wood grip and leave her like she is, huh?
I don't really like that Mission first grip anyway.

I'll start looking around for a wood grip then.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I like the MOE stock...looks kinda like a Russian Triangle.

Put what you want on your rifle....I don't like the Magpul fore ends but some do. I prefer either Bakelite, plum, or black.

Para13ellum

Hunter
Jul 1, 2015
Because ARs aren't quite as esoteric as AKs. those of us that are Ak-heads prefer wood. I actually prefer it myself.

But this is a case of function over flash.

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I'm a very old school/traditional fella when it comes to AK's but the Magpul furniture did something for me so I put it on my WASR and couldn't be more happy with it. View attachment 4200
I've always preferred wood an my AKs too but I'm with you I'm digging the magpul furniture also.

Reactions: Blackrifler42

PopsBwell

Hunter
Jul 5, 2015
Upgrading a rifle to make it more comfortable, user friendly suits any platform.
I can't disagree with that... Even high vis sights on a classic revolver if it helps the shooter... With aks though I don't think plastic makes it more accurate or functional

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blackrifler42

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
I can't disagree with that... Even high vis sights on a classic revolver if it helps the shooter... With aks though I don't think plastic makes it more accurate or functional

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The magoul stock is much more comfortable and "usable" than the wooden stock, IMO.