Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
rayzer007 said:
And ...?

Ray

Oh yeah, I forgot the range report.

Sorry, fellas.

Out of the box, the laser was lined up very close at about 8 yards; so close, in fact, that I did not make any adjustments.

One very noticeable benefit of the CT grip is the reduced felt recoil. I read a lot of reviews of the LG-405, and many users stated that the air pocket at the top of the backstrap on this model helped with recoil. Honestly, I was not expecting it to make much of a difference but I was pleasantly surprised. The extra cushion really takes some snap out of the Airweight. I even tried some +P ammo for the first time, and the bark was definitely worse than the bite.

I was able to tighten my groups some, but I am definitely more accurate with my Solo. I must admit, I'm really enjoying carrying the revolver; she is LIGHT, and disappears in my front pocket.

Sontag_Shooter

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
Trigger_1, thanks for the advice you gave in another thread about practicing staging the trigger on a DAO revolver.

I bough some snap caps and I've been practicing trigger control since I shot last time. As a side note, another HUGE benefit of the Crimson Trace LGs comes into play when you are practicing trigger control; that red dot really shows how much you pull off target when you drop the hammer! I am seeing improvement in my groupings now after getting a better feel for the trigger in the 442.

Here's 10 rounds from today; pay no attention to the flyer at 5 o'clock. :D

4E210E57-1DAE-4B21-A9B2-1A5D342C0BD3-3771-000002D53901E50C_zps2b3edc90.jpg

R

rayzer007

I don't think a snub can be shot any better than that S.S.! : 8)

Ray

Sontag_Shooter

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
Sarge said:
You have convinced me SS to put a CTLG on my S&W Model 37 snubby! :)

Sarge, you won't regret it. I've bought CTs for 3 of my guns and I've been pleased with them all. Even if you don't consider them to be a tactical advantage (some don't) they are an invaluable training aid. They are not cheap, but you get what you pay for in my opinion. For what it's worth, if you buy them and decide they are not for you then you will not have any trouble selling them without taking a huge loss; from my experience, Crimson Trace products hold their value well compared to most firearm accessories.

You will want to research the different models for the J frame (I think CT makes 3) and decide which one best suits your needs. I went with the LG405 and I'm glad I did. The 442 points great for me with them, and the air cushion along the blackstrap makes a noticeable reduction on felt recoil. (The other 2 models do not have this feature)

framedcraig1 said:
Good group on those SS! Feels good to get it dialed in...right?!

Yes it does, framedcraig1! I shot that group by staging the trigger, so I know I won't shoot like that in a self defense situation. But it brought a grin to my face when I compared it to last week's target!

Shootinbil

Hunter
May 13, 2013
Indiana
Very nice shooting. I think it's one the best carry guns there are.

Sent from My Compound
My Tactical Shooting Channel
http://youtube.com/profile?user=shootinbil

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Great range report and that target says a lot. Don't worry about staging that trigger. In a SHTF moment all that practice will help, especially up close and personal.

Sassi

Hunter
Mar 7, 2010
Middle Georgia
The 442 is a great gun. I own and carry a model 642. I just happened to come across it first, otherwise I would own a model 442. You have a wonderful carry gun!

R

rayzer007

Sassi said:
The 442 is a great gun. I own and carry a model 642. I just happened to come across it first, otherwise I would own a model 442. You have a wonderful carry gun!

I love my 442; puts a lot of lead out there (158 gr) in a small, light, reliable delivery system! A lot of history behind it too! The flat black is preferred to the shiny blue too!

Ray

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Does anyone carry the Harnady CD 125grain rounds in their .357? I have carried 158g Blazer Brass JHP in my Taurus M605 .357 then I switched to Hornady CD's which are 125grain, I was able to knowtice the weight difference when I carry it. You wouldn't think it would make that much of a difference but I sure can notice it.