A very interesting article for CCW holders to read

GA Firing Line

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Oh so true! LEO can't be expected to sort people out during the call.

Our school district just conducted a staff training exercise for the possibility of a "burglar" attacking any of our buildings. Active Shooter is now a passé term. A burglar is anyone who is in, but does not belong in the building and is in process of doing mischief.

Our police responders are being advised and trained to neutralize any weapon... using common sense, but extreme prejudice is a very acceptable and reasonable option. They're priorities are simplified.

That kind of trumps the NRA concept of putting CCW holders in the classroom. LEO sees a gun and regardless of good guy-bad guy, there's a great likelihood of someone getting shot in that highly charged environment.

Still not a good solution, but in such a case, arms away from the body and fingers spread will keep you safer from friendly fire.

Aimless1

Woodsman
Jan 20, 2013
NW Iowa
Skip-thanks for posting that link. Interesting and potentially explosive situation that could have ended badly. These kind of scenarios are thought provoking and help to make us more informed. I hope never to be in a situation where I need to sort out who's the good guy/bad guy, as it may not always be clear. Again, thanks.

Nano65

Hunter
Dec 16, 2014
DFW area
An old thread but still thought provoking and very up to date. I passed this article link on to all my LTC friends and a few others because I think it is very important to read. Thanks Skip.

bmags

Hunter
Jul 8, 2016
Tennessee
Just ran across this thread and it brings up some very good points for all of us CCP holders. Mainly, that most of us aren't cops and shouldn't act like cops. Cops have far more training on dealing with these situations than us normal folk. I've heard from a few different cops who've said one of the best things you can do is be a good witness.