This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Welcome OHGunOwners Members! OHGunOwners has come together with Southeast Traders to build one awesome outdoor and gun trading community. More members, more content, more classifieds and more fun to be experienced. We've made the transition as seamless as possible, so you can use your existing login credentials. If you have any issues, email [email protected] and we will take care of it for you!
    Dismiss Notice

A promising new 9mm Glock mag magwell conversion

Discussion in 'Firearms Talk' started by Leshaire, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Leshaire

Leshaire Tactical Operator
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

Damn well I guess im back on the hunt for one, but one that doesnt have some super ultra mega ghey mag release

2. Rwjeter

Rwjeter Mr. Freeze
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Might as well have been (kinda is) shaped like a penis.

Leshaire likes this.
  3. Leshaire

Totally agree. Man I'm bummed. I was pumped to switch my shit over to Glock mags

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. ~ZENAS~

~ZENAS~ Tracker
    Super Moderator

I don't know. It actually looks intuitive to have the mag release there. I've never used one like that so I can't say anything for sure, but it appears that if you grasp the pistol mag that is hanging out with your hand wrapped around it, that you will be able to automatically depress that release at the same time and remove the mag with no additional motion. It might prove to be a quicker way to mag change. I'm not sure about it, but I don't say "ew" with everyone else.

5. Leshaire

But then a mag release becomes a two handed operation. That sounds terrible imo.

Rwjeter likes this.
  6. Rwjeter

Rwjeter Mr. Freeze

Agreed. I want my mag to drop free while I'm reaching for a new mag. Or at least with an AK I can knock the empty out with a fresh. I don't like the back and forth of this. I maintain my EW assessment. But I also respect @~ZENAS~ ' open mindedness. I just know I wouldn't like butt stuff without having to try it. ;) We love you anyway Z-man.

Leshaire likes this.
  7. ~ZENAS~

~ZENAS~ Tracker
    Super Moderator

I see what you mean about wanting one handed operation (although a tactical reload requires 2 hands anyway). But I guess I just wasn't thinking of this for a serious working gun, but a range toy. Who would use a conversion gun to "do work" anyway? Isn't this just for range plinking?

8. Rwjeter

Rwjeter Mr. Freeze

I wasn't really thinking about "work" more like working the steel vs the clock. And the main reason @Leshaire would want it is because the poor guy wasted a tax stamp on a PSA 9mm kit. Bless his heart. Luckily it was a Colt style mag block so at least he's not totally screwed with the PSA Dedicated lower.

Leshaire likes this.
  9. Leshaire

Well I compete in rifle competitions and would love to get my 9mm in there at some point to compete in the personal defense optics class. So slowing up to an extremely inefficient two handed reload is not going to fly.

And btw dickbag I SBRd a standard AR lower so blow me!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rwjeter likes this.
  10. Rwjeter

Rwjeter Mr. Freeze

Lmao! Still put a PSA kit on it! :boink: