A new Remington 9 - under $400 nice!

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
I kind of like the looks of it, looks space age. Many years ago I loaded some of my home made haft jacket bullets loads for my buddies original 51.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
I like the looks of it...... The one picture makes it look like a Ray Gun from a Science Fiction Movie. Other aspects of the design remind me of a Walther PPK S-1. Interesting.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I had a gun when I was a kid that shot little yellow plastic discs. I am certain it was the prototype.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0sH5FUzr0TDEPKJP9nlZbWwWA_tAt5b4l2tXQSc-UH89ZyQLrSA

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
Interesting, I especially like the idea of the SA trigger. Design wise, I'd have preferred more simple lines, but it's not a deal breaker (I once owned a Beretta U22 Neos ::)).

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Silverfox1 said:
Interesting, I especially like the idea of the SA trigger. Design wise, I'd have preferred more simple lines, but it's not a deal breaker (I once owned a Beretta U22 Neos ::)).

I once owned an AMC Gremlin. I took it on trade and sold it, but I did drive it around. Did I mention it had a "customized" moon scene over the rear fenders. Sweeeeeeeet.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I was always a Chevy guy. Didn't mean I didn't like the look of a Nissan or a Fiat.

I was also a little put-off with the sculpting on the Remington. Hand guns are not in the Remington wheelhouse. That makes it easier to note it weighs more than my LC9, but looks better than a shield with a price better than either. Also, who would have guessed a. 380 version of the LC9 would be a good idea?

I just want to take one one of these to the range and give it a try.

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
bigdogdaddy said:
Silverfox1 said:

I once owned an AMC Gremlin. I took it on trade and sold it, but I did drive it around. Did I mention it had a "customized" moon scene over the rear fenders. Sweeeeeeeet.
That's too funny! My first new car was a '74 AMC Gremlin with a 5.0 liter V8. Mine had headers, and big wheels and back tires. It was a handful on snowy, icy streets of Indy Winters. I guess we're 2 of a kind. I almost included the Gremlin as an example of my quirky choices.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Silverfox1 said:
bigdogdaddy said:
Silverfox1 said:

That's too funny! My first new car was a '74 AMC Gremlin with a 5.0 liter V8. Mine had headers, and big wheels and back tires. It was a handful on snowy, icy streets of Indy Winters. I guess we're 2 of a kind. I almost included the Gremlin as an example of my quirky choices.

This needs to be covered more. The Gremlin I took in on a trade also had the V8 and I believe it was 3 speed on the floor. I traded for it my senior year so therefore you can go ahead and assume I was an idiot. If I tried to pull a hole shot (or peel out as we called it then) it would wheel hop so bad that the glove box would open. So of course I would put stuff in the glove box and then tell my friends I could open it without touching it, immediately dump the clutch triggering Mr. Toad's wild ride and opening up the glove compartment. It was a crowd pleaser to be sure.

One more thing. The one I traded for had the Levi interior, which I assume was cool at one time. But when I got it, it looked like a bomb had went off and both front seats were pretty much yellow foam with assorted strips of thin denim material. I only had it a short time before I sold it to a guy named "Squid". They were made for each other.

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
bigdogdaddy said:
Silverfox1 said:
bigdogdaddy said:
Silverfox1 said:

This needs to be covered more. The Gremlin I took in on a trade also had the V8 and I believe it was 3 speed on the floor. I traded for it my senior year so therefore you can go ahead and assume I was an idiot. If I tried to pull a hole shot (or peel out as we called it then) it would wheel hop so bad that the glove box would open. So of course I would put stuff in the glove box and then tell my friends I could open it without touching it, immediately dump the clutch triggering Mr. Toad's wild ride and opening up the glove compartment. It was a crowd pleaser to be sure.

One more thing. The one I traded for had the Levi interior, which I assume was cool at one time. But when I got it, it looked like a bomb had went off and both front seats were pretty much yellow foam with assorted strips of thin denim material. I only had it a short time before I sold it to a guy named "Squid". They were made for each other.
Mine was an automatic. The only thing that failed on the car was the transmission. The transmission was made by Chrysler. American Motors was an accurate title, I also found parts on it made by GM and Ford. I didn't experience the wheel hop problem, probably due to very stiff air shocks I put on it to clear the big back tires. The brakes were a joke, didn't want to work when it was raining. I can't believe I survived that car!

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Oh yeah. One more weird thing about the Gremlin. Although I only owned it a short time, it is the only vehicle I ever hit a pig with. No kidding. Driving home from work. Hit a pig standing in the road. Pig dead. Gremlin lived to fight another day. ;D

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
bigdogdaddy said:
Oh yeah. One more weird thing about the Gremlin. Although I only owned it a short time, it is the only vehicle I ever hit a pig with. No kidding. Driving home from work. Hit a pig standing in the road. Pig dead. Gremlin lived to fight another day. ;D
Hmmm.......I love bacon!

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
framedcraig1 said:
Dunno..it looks pretty nice to me. Whoever shoots one first ..post up a range report.

No range report but here is a picture.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCFn6Ckfv8HxgNV2PvrAd6WHA4LnvKzyZ6tDpgdju4SJlS04_U

Oh, did you mean the Remington? Me and silverfox were going a different direction.