9mm +P Glaser Pow'R Ball Polymer Ball JHP 100 Grain

Howard Law

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
I haven't used that particular ammo, but in general I'm not a big fan of +P ammo in my guns. I feel that once you exceed SAMMI specs you're in unknown territory, and relying on a manufacturer to not go overboard with its +P offerings.

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Not a fan. Too fast & too light. I stick with proven rounds, i.e. Gold Dots, HST's & Ranger-T's in the 124 grain weight class, standard or +P. JMHO, but who knows what that round will do once it hits someone? Gimmick ammo? Maybe, but why risk it. Yogi :mad:

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I agree Yogi117, thats what I love about forums. I pretty much figured the response I would get being it's never been mentioned since I been around. If it was good it would be talked about. I am just a little upset when I was getting my SR9c the other day I was walking down to check out with the clerk and I mentioned walking through the ammo isle wanted to grab some Speer Got Dots and he grabbed the 147 grain. I didn't want that heavey for a 3 1/2 inch barrel, I wanted the 124. Well back to the GS 8)

R

rayzer007

With luminaries like Yogi and Mas Ayoob recommending the Speer gold Dot 124 gr +P, we should have cause to go no further in our search for the top 9mm SD round! ;) :D

Ray

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
rayzer007 said:
With luminaries like Yogi and Mas Ayoob recommending the Speer gold Dot 124 gr +P, we should have cause to go no further in our search for the top 9mm SD round! ;) :D

Ray
I'll second that, but just for the record the SR9c eats up the 147's. Won't get the desired expansion, but it spits them out.

R

rayzer007

RugerRon60 said:
I'll second that, but just for the record the SR9c eats up the 147's. Won't get the desired expansion, but it spits them out.

No argument there Ron; your new toy will shoot anything; you won't wear that one out - ever! And it won't wear you out - ever! Always a reliable, enjoyable shooter, a fantastic gun.

Ray

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
rayzer007 said:

Ray
Whoa guys, no expert here. I just do a lot of research & watch a lot of videos on ballistics when it comes to protecting me & my family. The rounds I mentioned always get good results, in all calibers...especially the 9mm.

Ron, I wouldn't worry about the 147 grain Gold Dots, I would select those over a lot of other SD rounds. You can do a lot worse. Enjoy that new SR9c, sounds like a great carry partner. Ammo technology has a come a long way when it comes to SD Carry rounds. Yogi 8)

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Yeah they'll do the job, actually they could have gave me plastic bullets for all that mattered at the time, I was bringing home a SR9c!!! All I wanted to do was get it home and clean it. :D