Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
I just bought this jig: http://www.modulusarms.com/sale-heavy-duty-universal-ar-15-80-lower-receiver-jig/
I have over 10 80 Percent lowers to do and wanted to find a Different way of doing them.
I have a Milling Machine which makes it real easy but wanted to see if there was a way to finish a 80 percent lower in a timely manner with just regular shop tools.
Will keep thread updated when Jig Arrives, Next shipment will ship out on 3/4/2016.
I have finished several 80 percent lowers with a drill press and a Milling machine so it will be fun to try it with a Laminate Router.
These were done with a Milling Machine.
00001.JPG IMG_0181.JPG IMG_1926.JPG

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Now that is a nice looking jig. I've done an 80% lower on a drill press, man that was a job. The jig didn't make it any easier (different one, obviously). I had problems with the cap screws binding, being off center, etc. I think there's a thread around here somewhere.

I'm interested to read your thoughts after using it. Looks like a great product compared to the "plain" ones on the market.

Reactions: Balthaz

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Now that is a nice looking jig. I've done an 80% lower on a drill press, man that was a job. The jig didn't make it any easier (different one, obviously). I had problems with the cap screws binding, being off center, etc. I think there's a thread around here somewhere.

I'm interested to read your thoughts after using it. Looks like a great product compared to the "plain" ones on the market.

Will give Impression and thoughts on this one after I receive it.
and here is a Picture of a Trigger Pocket done with a Drill press and a different jig too, and yes it was not easy doing it with a drill press.
you can see in the bottom picture that the Drilling process left some of its Process behind.

pic5.jpg pic6.jpg

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Ok got the new Jig in Today.
It looks Awesome and OMG is it well built.
I will have the other items here tomorrow to start the process of Routing out the Fire Pocket instead of Milling it out.
Will keep Thread updated as I go and take pictures along the way.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Reactions: Laufen

Buckeye76

Frontiersman
Mar 27, 2015
Georgia
Sub'd. I've been thinking about buying one of these jigs. A buddy of mine was talking about getting a mill. I'll tell him to hold off until you try the jig out.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
That is an impressive looking jig. How long does it normally take to complete a lower?

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
in for later

this is cool. i saw someone use a dremmel tool in a video back in 2004 when i was first getting into guns (i was 15) to make a complete stripped lower

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
That is an impressive looking jig. How long does it normally take to complete a lower?

The Old way with a Drill Press around 3 hours if you have everything laid out.
With my Milling machine around 50 mins taking my time.
With this Jig I hope around 1 hour but we shall see.
I know I can do it with my milling machine easy but wanted to try another method.

Reactions: Cudruln