8 visitors today

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
About lunch time I had 8 visitors out in the back. They were fun to watch.

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
framedcraig1 said:
Lunch!...and at lunchtime...hhmmmmm

The last time I ate wild turkey a guy gave me the drum sticks. Not all that tasty IMO. Maybe the rest of the bird would be ok, but I doubt if it taste like a Butterball. For all the work cleaning the dang thing, I'd rather go down the road 5 miles and get one from the grocery store. I enjoy looking at them though. Several years ago I watched one lay an egg next to my pool area. Thought I'd leave it alone to see if the mother would ever come back. 10 minutes later a Mockingbird landed on it and pecked a hole in it. 10 minutes after that my wife's Lab finished it off. Only the strong survive!

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
mukwah said:
Quick! Grab the 12ga. And load up the birdshot!!!!!!!
Nahhh....

My grandfather got his turkey through the neck with a 30-06 (he had a turkey tag while deer hunting in Louisiana back in the 1950s). No shot pellets to chew on that way.

millsriver

Hunter
Jun 21, 2012
North Carolina
Thanks for the great photos. I have been an avid hunter for over fifty years and shot, cleaned and eaten many different species of animals and birds. Now that I am getting older, I enjoy watching wildlife even more than hunting them. For you younger hands, keep on hunting!

jackjr

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Great pictures. Never hunted turkey but I shot at one when I was about 7 or so when we had live turkey shoots at Thanksgiving. I can still remember my grandmother and my mother cleaning the birds after we brought them home. My mother kept missing the pinfeathers and they finally figured out it was because she had forgot her regular glasses and was wearing sunglasses.