.38 Special Nyclads

GA Firing Line

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
Has anyone seen the Federal 125 grain Nyclad HP ammo (P38MA) out there? It seems to come and go - and presently seems to be gone everywhere. My 2" snub really shoots it well.

R

rayzer007

I was looking for that a while back; couldn't find any, and went with the 135 gr Speer Gold Dot +P Short Barrel. From all the research I have done, that seems to be the top snub load nowadays. I liked the Nyclad in my S&W model 37 too, but what can you do? I'll check the Buffalo Gun Center this week for you. That's where I found it the last time.

Ray

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Only place I've ever found it was Ammo To Go, and when I did, I bought a few boxes. My wife loves this round in her SP-101. Ray is right, the SB Gold Dot 135 gr +P is just as good, if not better, than the NYCLAD. The ballistic data of both rounds if very similar, and are designed for the shorter barrels. Good luck in your search. Yogi 8)

R

rayzer007

I checked the two largest gun stores in the Western New York area Greg, and neither one of them had any Nyclads; haven't had them for a while they said.

Ray

Shootinbil

Hunter
May 13, 2013
Indiana
It's going to be hard now to find any 38 special bullets

Sent from My Compound
My Tactical Shooting Channel
http://youtube.com/profile?user=shootinbil