Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I was quick to dodge the hot brass chasing my ass. With no hearing protection It's not loud at all.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Yeah that's true. Anderson lowers are easy to assemble. I lightly sand all roll pins, oil them, use a roll pin starter and then channel lock pliers to slide them in instead of a hammer.
Get a set of Grace USA roll pin punches. They have a centering tip that make driving them in with ease. They are inexpensive but still very strong. You only need to oil the pins and drive them in. If they don't go in smoothy, clean the receiver holes using the prober size drill bit using a hand drill. Makes life much easier.

Reactions: DarthVader

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
I've built guns for several guys using Aero parts (their choice). Out of 5-6 builds, one stripped upper receiver was defective.
To be fair, haven't you had two out of spec Noveske lowers?

Also, my KAC lower is getting mailed back for being defective too... :-/ Bolt catch tab broke off!

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I need to get on my 300 blk build. Glad to see yours is done though

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
To be fair, haven't you had two out of spec Noveske lowers?

Also, my KAC lower is getting mailed back for being defective too... :-/ Bolt catch tab broke off!
Sure did. They were both chainsaws too. I wasn't knocking Aero. I've built up several and only had one with an issue. And I forgot to point out that all it took was a phone call to get a new one shipped to me. And Aero didn't even ask for the defective lower to be returned.

Reactions: Cudruln

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
Shoot the subs wet(water put in from the expansion chamber side) to tame that first round pop
The one outside was right after shooting inside. I didn't think there would be a FRP.

It wasn't actually "loud", it was louder than my 762 cans and Dobbs 30 can. It was way below hearing safe, just not 22LR quiet.

Reactions: Justaparrothead

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
There was a bit of metal building echo not much FRP outside.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
The one outside was right after shooting inside. I didn't think there would be a FRP.

It wasn't actually "loud", it was louder than my 762 cans and Dobbs 30 can. It was way below hearing safe, just not 22LR quiet.

I need a can for my M4 style rifle, but it going to have to be something that will go over a GI flash hider, since the flash hider is permanently attached. Any suggestions?

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I need a can for my M4 style rifle, but it going to have to be something that will go over a GI flash hider, since the flash hider is permanently attached. Any suggestions?
We better get @DoglegArms in here for this 1. I think Rugged & Gemtech has options I'm sure there are more though. @PewPewPewCo could help also.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Griffin and gem tech have offerings that mount to a birdcage flash hider

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
How did the bolt catch tab break off?
Just failed. I started to notice the bolt not holding open on empty, and then it stopped feeding the next round almost at the same time.

Got home, took it apart and you can see it was a poorly made part. Looks almost like pot metal and the tang just broke. I didn't realize it until I got home as I was with some friends setting up 2 new AR's he got. I posted a pic in my Mod2 review on here.

Weird part, I put the E3 bolt, cam and firing pin into my PSA carrier and it cycled just fine when at the range. Obviously with the bolt catch broken, it still did not lock back on empty, but started feeding correctly.

Not sure what is up as I still have to inspected everything to see if it's something obvious. I didn't want to hold my bud up with his new AR so I just stuck it back in the case for later and saved some of the brass to inspect just in case too.

I am mailing the lower back to Ayan as I figured he is certified so I don't risk anything with the warranty.

Just sucks to pay that much and deal with issues. At least my PSA ran fine as well as my friends two new Premium Mid-length PSA he put together ran well too.

Hopefully I can do some investigating this weekend sometime to trouble shoot what is going on.

Lastly, the FTF was with Xtac, American Eagle M855, and cheap Wolf my bud had. At least I can rule out ammo for the most part...lol