2A

GA Firing Line

zingbee

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Eustis, FL
I do solemnly swear to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.....unless it's the Second Amendment. 'Nuf said! :(

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
LOL.... Too true. 13 Colonies got together and became States. They then created a Federal Government, it wasn't the other way round. They created a Consititution which is designed to protect State and Individual Rights.

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
Re: Re: 2A

Little Honcho said:

These are exactly the kind of stats that the liberals use when making their points. If you'll notice it said of over 1000 people polled...

I'm sorry but only 1k don't speak for me or anyone I know. It's too small and fine pointed a demographic to call collective or even competent and isn't something I'll give any credence or time.

Reminds me of one done recently in Washington that polled 559 people of whom 74% approved of Obama's gun control efforts.

We've got to expect and demand more from ourselves before we can of the opposing team.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Pretty funny, "There was a tragic canoeing accident and that gun fell overboard. We oared and oared but couldn't find it in the currents. Then, I lost my paddle and that other gun in the riptide.".

I tell you what, I wish I'd have bought WASR 10-63s when they were less than $300, Bulgarian 30rd mags for $8 and Yugo surplus 7.62 X 39s crates for $180 by the truck load. Those days are gone and there's not been one law passed yet! Oh yeah, don't forget the 12 buck bayonets.

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

District of Columbia v Heller 2007

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-1521.pdf

McDonald v Chicago 2009

Here are two great links that are the finding of the Supreme Court in regards to the 2nd Amendment. It has a ton of historical law cases, with findings and opinions that reflect 200 years or more of legal battles over the meaning of the Amendment. From the uses of commas to the meaning and intent of individual words they serve to provide a rather amusing look into how long our politicians and lawyer have been arguing over Gun Control.

Fortunately for us gun owners the court recognizes that owning a firearm for self defense is an individual right.

It may also be noted that Heller and McDonald were aided in their efforts by the NRA when it came to their legal assistance.

If you are among those folks who think that the 2nd Amendment and politics are separate issues, I'd suggest you do some reading.

M

mukwah

This about sums it up in my opinion, from our president, our first president!!!

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Slowhand said:
Fortunately for us gun owners the court recognizes that owning a firearm for self defense is an individual right.

Yes, for now they recognize that. What worries me is that we are just one or two Supreme Court justices from nullifying that right. A couple of them are getting up in years and may retire or resign for health reasons, then the President picks their successors.

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Sarge said:
Slowhand said:

Yes, for now they recognize that. What worries me is that we are just one or two Supreme Court justices from nullifying that right. A couple of them are getting up in years and may retire or resign for health reasons, then the President picks their successors.

True enough. But they have to be approved by the House and Senate. That's why in 2014 I'd suggest folks pay real attention to who they are voting for.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Slowhand said:
Sarge said:
Slowhand said:

True enough. But they have to be approved by the House and Senate. That's why in 2014 I'd suggest folks pay real attention to who they are voting for.

A co-worker of mine voted for Obama just because of the womans rights thing. I asked her the other day why else she just said because of that. People vote blindly and have no idea about what else the candidate stands for. They hear one thing they like and say ok I will vote for them. I about dropped. Just like that video on youtube the woman yelling "I want my Obama phone!" so I would guess she voted for him to get a free phone. We REALLY do need better mental health care in America.

R

rayzer007

This all reminds me of the George Carlin line:

"Think of how stupid the average person is;
then realize half of the people are stupider than that." :mad:

How true.

Ray

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Remember when all the farmers rode their tractors to Washington to protest....... :D

I wonder what a million man march to Washington would accomplish..... :-\

I bet it would be interesting to say the least...... ;)

M

mukwah

One million men legally carrying (if it were possible)......woooo......now that would send a message!! Never happen though. :eek: