.22 LR

Faktory 47

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
I am really considering the Ruger breakdown rifle. I am totally enjoying the cost of range trips for $10. for ammo. Can't do that the LCP, or thSR40C. The grandkids would enjoy it more than lugging around the SKS. ...Proly...

A

AquaHull

Yogi 117 said:
Could shoot my brother's SR22 all day long and not feel any pain! Fun gun & round to just go let off some steam! Yogi ;D

I just found that out, but I need a few more magazines.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Taking the the grandkids shooting. What a concept! 8)
Wait... no grandkids.

OK, the kids drop their licenses at the range.
Step one is complete at least.

It's still close to 75% .22 action when we go.

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
there are quality/quantity issues there also though. my kids love the 22's but my 11yr old fired 100rds through an AK47 and 50 through a Kimber Custom 2 on Wednesday and has been walking on clouds ever since because he found out he could be accurate with them as well as the 10/22 and HP22A. he wears his bruised little shoulder proudly and shows it to everyone.

you certainly don't need heavy hitters to have a good time at the range though. and very often a large gun will spoil an outing.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
yz9890 said:
there are quality/quantity issues there also though. my kids love the 22's but my 11yr old fired 100rds through an AK47 and 50 through a Kimber Custom 2 on Wednesday and has been walking on clouds ever since because he found out he could be accurate with them as well as the 10/22 and HP22A. he wears his bruised little shoulder proudly and shows it to everyone.

you certainly don't need heavy hitters to have a good time at the range though. and very often a large gun will spoil an outing.
Right you are yz9890. I've had the 12 gauge take the fun out of more than one range trip!! I try to gauge the gauge...with the age! (does that make sense?)

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
yz9890 said:

That's awesome yz.

M

mukwah

That sounds great yz9890! My grandson is dying to shoot my Mini 14/20CF Tactical. I've stripped all the bells and whistles off (laser, flashlight, reflex sight etc.) and gonna start him out with basic iron sights hopefully next range trip.

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
redmond said:
I have more .22s than any other caliber - rifles, pistols, revolvers. Can't beat them for inexpensive practice.

is one of them a bolt action? I'm thinking about getting a tac driver 22 and haven't started to research it yet. what do you recommend?