.22 LR

GA Firing Line

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
I have more .22s than any other caliber - rifles, pistols, revolvers. Can't beat them for inexpensive practice.

Many of mine match up with larger caliber, similar firearms in the herd. Practice on the .22 helps in developing skill in shooting the bigger sister. That said, it does not replace shooting the larger weapons to put on the polish.

Besides that, they are just a lot of fun to shoot! ;D

CRXPilot

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Mooresville, NC
Are there any manufacturers with plans to make a .22lr in the P3AT, LCP, TCP size/shapes? You could have a 6 oz. gun with 10+ round capacity and even better reason to practice often. Bobcat/cheetah, etc. are kinda throwbacks to me.

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Could shoot my brother's SR22 all day long and not feel any pain! Fun gun & round to just go let off some steam! Yogi ;D

zingbee

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Eustis, FL
I have a few 22's in my safe:
Glenfield Model 60 (wife's)
Remington Targetmaster Model P41 ('30's), single shot ($25.00 at a local pawn shop)
Ruger MKII ('85)
Ruger 10-22 build, using the receiver only. I'm planning on getting a Tactical Innovations Elite receiver and put my original 10-22 back together ('73).
Ruger SR22PB.

I love them all.

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
Let's see-

Ruger Mark III 22/45
Ruger 10/22
S&W M&P 15-22 Pistol
S&W K22 Pre-17 Masterpiece
S&W 34-1 2"
Henry Frontier Rifle
Winchester Mod 52

I think that's it - gotta watch 'em though, they breed like rabbits.

To answer CRXPilot: I don't know of a .22 in a similar form factor to the LCP, but there could be one. They seem to come in all other sizes...

M

mukwah

Fixin' to get 10/22 Takedown any day now if I can find the SS on black! 8)

M

mukwah

I'm sure it won't be hard to find, just got my mad money together to get one! 8)

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Oh man, love me some .22s.

IMG_0065-1.jpg
SS on black TD. Leupold scope. Jealous yet? ;D

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Are there any manufacturers with plans to make a .22lr in the P3AT, LCP, TCP size/shapes? You could have a 6 oz. gun with 10+ round capacity and even better reason to practice often. Bobcat/cheetah, etc. are kinda throwbacks to me.

I would love to see a LCP in a 22.cal. I persoanlly think the 380 pocket pistols require a lot of practice. But too much shooting in these small gun are expensive and I'm not sure the guns can take a lot of use. I LOVE 22. cals,. I think the Taurus Ply is my next gun. I have heard nothing but great reviews. The double action trigger will be a big asset for small pocket gun training. And I personally would not have any problem with carrying the 22.
Range Report on the Taurus Ply 22

M

mukwah

Code:
My grandson shooting his Christmas 10/22 w/scope. With a brick of 22LR we can kill a whole day and a whole lot of paper targets at the range!
010812150502-1.jpg

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Trigger_1 said:
mukwah.....Thats a great way to spend a whole day for sure.... 8)

You got it. I have a friend who takes his Grandson to the range. Kid wants to be a Marine and shoots great. My father taught me to shoot years ago.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
There's nothing better than grandkids and gunpowder. LOL
They will always remember the good times.
Trying to get the kids off the couch now days is not easy.

R I C H G C O O P

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

jackjr

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
I still like shooting the Remington bolt action my father taught me with. He bought it new in 1939 and it still shoots right on the mark. I started my daughters with it and one of them now has a Henry lever that we gave her for Christmas in 2010. She even cried when she got it she was so excited. Put a scope on it for her a while back but she does just as well without it. We have several pistols and a Ruger revolver that get a lot of work at the range. The SR22p has made every trip except for one.