10mm For Home Defense Gun?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

BigMikey

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
What is everyones thoughts on getting a nice 10mm for a home defense gun? My goal is to have a firearm hidden yet easily accessible in just about every room in my house in case someone breaks in. Right now I have a 1911 in my bedroom, and 2 Glock 17's and a .380 spread out around the house (I have no kids around ever). So I'm thinking about adding a 10mm to my collection for home defense. Would probably be my basement dweller and move my .380 to the kitchen or something. The .380 was free to me so I'm not to worried about it, but right now i'm using it as a trusty side arm in case I need something to get to the others.

D

David

I don't see what would be wrong with having a 10mm for a home defense gun. The important thing imo is making sure you can control and aim the weapon. Other than that, you could probably use a spoon to defend your castle if you knew what you were doing with it.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
You dime boss, that's one caliber I would like to have myself! On another note I remember years ago when I was a little kid our house got broke into, my old man had guns stashed everywhere and unfortunately many of them were stolen. .... not trying to get into a"proper storage" conversation but hide'em well man.

dennis (OHGO)

dennis (beav)
Mar 1, 2016
10mm got some kick , brother, i'd think about something you can wave around with 1 hand and control shootin with 1 hand . you might only have 1 hand to manuver around with. just my own opinion, man . tactical situations change in a heartbeat.