Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I've been talking about doing a budget AR pistol. I pulled the trigger on the one I'm building today. I know some will give me shit, but if I get this running smooth it will be a hell of a deal. I bought a complete kit minus the bcg and stripped lower. I bought a bcg with it. After I'm done, I will have 412.99 into it. Yeah I know, you get what you pay for, but if I get it running smooth it will be worth 413 easy.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
No hate at all if you are doing a budget build. I oersonally like going used as I can get somenpretty sweet deals 9/10.

Post pics and details when you are done!

Here are mine:

http://www.southeasttraders.com/threads/508-budget-build.9000/

And...

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/419-ar-rifle-build-results.645494/#post-3307402

I'll definitely post pics. It will be my first time putting one together completely so I'm really looking forward to it. I have a feeling I'll catch the fever and do many more in the future.

Reactions: sam

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Nice! I cheated on my 5.56 pistol... bought the upper, slapped it on a pistol lower. I did "build" the lower from a stripped (new) receiver. Later I took the barrel off the upper to put a long rail on it.

Still cycled fine though. I've never held it close enough to my face to see if it's a gas monster or not- with that KX3 on the end, I think it might blow a huge amount of gas back at the shooter.

Reactions: karlvv

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I have tools, torque wrenches, anti seize, armorers blocks, etc... If you need help with anything.

I appreciate that. I have some Army buddies that offered to help. If that doesn't pan out I will let you know.

Reactions: Wallace

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Nice! I cheated on my 5.56 pistol... bought the upper, slapped it on a pistol lower. I did "build" the lower from a stripped (new) receiver. Later I took the barrel off the upper to put a long rail on it.

Still cycled fine though. I've never held it close enough to my face to see if it's a gas monster or not- with that KX3 on the end, I think it might blow a huge amount of gas back at the shooter.
A large majority of the builds I have done over the years involved complete uppers and only having to do just the lower. Most people get cold feet when I send a list of parts to buy to build an upper from.

I never understood it fully. Some people just don't feel comfortable I suppose. That, and the fact that uppers are soooooooooo cheap right now, you can rarely, if ever build from scratch for cheaper.

If you have specific requirements, then build, but if you just want a range plinker, buy a pre-assembled upper in this current market.

Last edited:
Reactions: karlvv and dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
A large majority of the builds I have done over the years involved complete uppers and only having to do just the lower. Most people get cold feet when I send a list of parts to buy to build an upper from.

I never understood it fully. Some people just don't feel comfortable I suppose. That, and the fact that uppers are soooooooooo cheap right now, you can rarely, if ever build from scratch for cheaper.

If you have specific requirements, then build, but if you just want a range plunked, but a pre-assembled upper in this current market.

I agree- the darn barrels seem to be the budget killer. Once you buy the barrel and BCG, there's not much cash left for the upper, barrel nut, hand guard, etc. I mean darn it PSA- I can buy a complete AR upper for sub $300 from time to time... I'd be over $200 into just the barrel and BCG.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I've been talking about doing a budget AR pistol. I pulled the trigger on the one I'm building today. I know some will give me shit, but if I get this running smooth it will be a hell of a deal. I bought a complete kit minus the bcg and stripped lower. I bought a bcg with it. After I'm done, I will have 412.99 into it. Yeah I know, you get what you pay for, but if I get it running smooth it will be worth 413 easy.
Well, lets see some goddamned pictures!

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Can't yet. Its getting shipped. Picked up the lower today.
Then post a picture of that...we love freaking pictures!

Here's the LC9s Pro. Jeezuz, I almost wish the trigger we a tough heavier.

IMG_1712.JPG

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Well, my chance isn't going well so far. Ordered it Monday and they sent me an Email on Wednesday saying that the kak brace was out of stock and will be in next week. Then they will ship my order. I guess their definition of in stock is different than mine. I'm not pissed yet, just a little disgruntled. If they come through next week and the pieces are all there, i'll get over it.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I finally asked them to ship everything except the kak brace. I guess the castle nut, buffer, buffer spring, and tube are all part of the kak because I didn't get those. Fuckers. If everything goes well I'll have it done by this time next week.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
My Kak will be here today. It's out for delivery now. Gonna finally build it tomorrow. Any suggestions for sights? I'm leaning toward a reflex sight.

Reactions: Laufen

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
0821162158.jpg

Put it together finally. It sucked. Roll pin for the gas block was a bitch. Does anyone know how long the buffer and buffer spring are supposed to be for a pistol? It won't lock to the rear. Other than that it seems good.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
View attachment 18782

Put it together finally. It sucked. Roll pin for the gas block was a bitch. Does anyone know how long the buffer and buffer spring are supposed to be for a pistol? It won't lock to the rear. Other than that it seems good.

Nice looking build! I use a standard carbine buffer in my pistol- no problem with it locking back. But I could see one of the "long" rifle buffers stopping the carrier from riding fully to the rear.

The buffer retainer isn't sticking up too high, is it?

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Nice looking build! I use a standard carbine buffer in my pistol- no problem with it locking back. But I could see one of the "long" rifle buffers stopping the carrier from riding fully to the rear.

The buffer retainer isn't sticking up too high, is it?

I don't know. Its my first build. How high is too high?

Reactions: dial1911