Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
In. I have access to lots of cardboard and small plywood sheets if we want to set up some targets. Lemme know.

Reactions: Hoss

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Sounds good. We could mock up some walls and see how many a given caliber will penetrate.
Maybe also add in some insulation and plywood on a couple of panels to replicate a round exiting a house and entering another. I'd throw in on some materials

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
The panels are 1/4" to 3/8" thick and roughly 2 feet by 4 feet. We do get a 48"by 48" and 3/4" thick sheet once in awhile. We get some crates as well. I am sure we can mock up walls. I can throw in 2X4s as well. Those are usually 18" up to 5 feet. We have a lot of foam paper which could be used as insulation in a pinch. I think we could gauge it if we needed to. Figure out what we need and I will start gathering it up.

H

Hoss

The panels are 1/4" to 3/8" thick and roughly 2 feet by 4 feet. We do get a 48"by 48" and 3/4" thick sheet once in awhile. We get some crates as well. I am sure we can mock up walls. I can throw in 2X4s as well. Those are usually 18" up to 5 feet. We have a lot of foam paper which could be used as insulation in a pinch. I think we could gauge it if we needed to. Figure out what we need and I will start gathering it up.
Cool. Maybe you could mock up some 12"x12" walls with and without insulation in your spare time and bring them when we set this up.

kingsix

Hunter
Jul 1, 2015
I'm wondering, more than "what weapon" you'd go to, how many of you have actual training for a situation like this ? How is what weapon on your nightstand even important, when chances are you'll wake up with the person committing the B&E standing over you, that gun may as well be locked in the safe, in the next room. If you're a heavy sleeper like me, you're fucked. Or if you sleep with a fan or AC window unit.

My concentration leans towards advanced warning. There are plenty of ways to wire up a house with alarms. One simple one I use is my metal rack in my basement. Open any one of the 3 doors & you'll dump about 150 lbs of steel on a concrete floor. My front and back doors are double reinforced & you'd need something to breach with. Any of those 5 access points you're either going to make noise or need something that makes noise in order to gain access. Windows are just as simple to rig up.

Any one of these will give you an extra 1-3 seconds , chances are, that's enough to get the upper hand. The element of surprise is useless if the can't surprise you.

Oh and I keep a G30 SF with a Kriss 30rd under my pillow. Why under my pillow ? It gives me one more stage of concealment should a perp make it into my room.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
I live very secluded. 16 acres of woods,just lil short of 1 mile long driveway.have gate at top.but anyone can jump that or walk in from the dirt road through the woods. have ADT alarm on the house and garage.keep shotgun in the garage.have shotgun in all bedrooms .kitchen and living room. I sleep with my G21 under my pillow.and my beloved PAP beside me. I have a PAP in all my trucks.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I'm wondering, more than "what weapon" you'd go to, how many of you have actual training for a situation like this ? How is what weapon on your nightstand even important, when chances are you'll wake up with the person committing the B&E standing over you, that gun may as well be locked in the safe, in the next room. If you're a heavy sleeper like me, you're fucked. Or if you sleep with a fan or AC window unit.

My concentration leans towards advanced warning. There are plenty of ways to wire up a house with alarms. One simple one I use is my metal rack in my basement. Open any one of the 3 doors & you'll dump about 150 lbs of steel on a concrete floor. My front and back doors are double reinforced & you'd need something to breach with. Any of those 5 access points you're either going to make noise or need something that makes noise in order to gain access. Windows are just as simple to rig up.

Any one of these will give you an extra 1-3 seconds , chances are, that's enough to get the upper hand. The element of surprise is useless if the can't surprise you.

Oh and I keep a G30 SF with a Kriss 30rd under my pillow. Why under my pillow ? It gives me one more stage of concealment should a perp make it into my room.
How's the 30rd mag feed?

jloneill17

Hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Canon, GA
Zip code
I keep a Mossberg 500 staggered with 00 buck and slugs for the house. I need to mount a light on it. I'm hoping that both dogs will hold him down while I shoot him.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
My carry gun I can get to without getting out of bed. If I've got a few seconds I'm getting the KSG with 15rds of 00.

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
shoty with pistol grip, buckshot, G26,G17 black talon 30 round, 22 magnum, 22 beretta explosive tips, depends on the room I`m in. Sheperd on the porch

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I want to play at the range day!

I can bring some crazy stuff like 7.63 Mauser up to and including 7.62x54R.

.357 out of a 16" barrel. .38 spcl out of same.

jloneill17

Hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Canon, GA
Zip code
I keep an Arsenal AK next to the bed. an intruder would have to deal with the dogs first. not that I have killer attack dogs, but if someone comes up the driveway or up to the back porch, they bark like a son of a gun. I've def woken up twice in 7 years and grabbed my gun. you can tell what kind of bark it is. there's the one where someone is walking their dog passed the house bark, and the other one that's more got a growl to it, like someone is walking up the driveway.

Jacob Villers

Woodsman
Aug 16, 2015
Elizabeth WV
AR, light on my gun but have my living room set up with motion activated wall switches which should illuminate bad guy nicely while keeping me hidden in the shadow, I use 55gr vmax ammo.

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
Glock 19 if I'm in bed. AR is close by.

My bedroom is right by the front door so I will wake up if anybody comes in that way. I know this because my wife works third shift and it always wakes me up when she comes in. If they come in the back door they are going to knock over some clothes hampers(back door is in laundry room). Then you are between me and my kids so you better be sure that whatever you wanted in my house is worth dying for.

Reactions: sam