Your First aid / medical / trauma kits

GA Firing Line
Aug 12, 2015
PA
I thought about adding a suture kit, but I think that's as far as I should go for now until I get some real training
get one and practice on a pot roast ;-) Seriously, for the price, it's not a bad idea to have....i'd even get a set of those pakistani scalpels....even if you can't use, someone else may be able to when the zombies come.

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

Lokidogg

Woodsman
Mar 28, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I thought about adding a suture kit, but I think that's as far as I should go for now until I get some real training
:thumb: not that hard to get the training. Costly if you have to take classes. Mine was given by U.N doctor friend. She is a fountain of knowledge.

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
Not bad bro! Good to see everything is clearly colored and labeled. That way if someone has to go in your pack, they'll be able to find stuff. Maybe, a pair of scissors or shears as well. Also, some form of tourniquet.

The things that I see that imo are wrong and almost scary, is when people make "trauma kits" and carry items that even we aren't allowed to use under M.D. Orders(medical control) ie. Decompression needles, etc.. There's a lovely saying that holds true to most of the medical field, Primum non nocere "first, do no harm". Which means, sometimes it's better to do nothing than to cause further harm.

If I could give this post +5 I would. I can't tell you how many times a day people unqualified come and argue why our kits aren't the latest and greatest because they don't have needles or drugs in them.

Know your limits and train like you don't.