Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Not a fucking thing, go preach that shit to someone else
I'm not "preaching" anything to anyone. You said that MLK offends you and then immediately brought up having family ties to the CSA. I don't see how the two things have anything to do with each other and I was hoping you could connect the dots for me.

Reactions: Strider12

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm not "preaching" anything to anyone. You said that MLK offends you and then immediately brought up having family ties to the CSA. I don't see how the two things have anything to do with each other and I was hoping you could connect the dots for me.
Oh you know, how slavery didn't have anything to do with the war, and how MLK promoted equal rights for african americans. See how they're related? They are related because neither of them have anything to do with racism. LOL

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Also, on a serious note, has the NAACP actually done anything in the past two or so decades?

Yes they have... They stood behind Travon Martin & Mike Brown two thugs that were shot while breaking the law.
Where have you been?

Sarcasm off Now.

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
It's unfortunate because there are real inequities in the way that the law is enforced. It's too bad their chosen poster child was breaking the law, and deserved to get shot. A huge shift needs to take place, but now all racists can focus on is Michael Brown and the fact that he wasn't the innocent teddy bear the media made him out to be, while ignoring the fact that there is real injustice in law enforcement. I swear it reminds me of dealing with 4 year olds.

If you want to talk about real injustice, just bring up the media, who has caused all of the problems... Time magizine showing a picture of Travon Martin on the front cover when he was 12 & saying he was gunned down... I wounder why they didnt do the same thing when the baby was shot in the face in front of his mother, that truly was being "gunned down" or did the baby jump on the guys chest and start punching him in the face. Tell me again how I'm a racists ( a word that has been used incorrectly daily BTW) for pointing out that Brown & Martin deserved to be shot?

Not to mention, there are plenty of cases of Black cops shooting unarmed white guys... The news seems unwilling to report this as well.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
If you want to talk about real injustice, just bring up the media, who has caused all of the problems... Time magizine showing a picture of Travon Martin on the front cover when he was 12 & saying he was gunned down... I wounder why they didnt do the same thing when the baby was shot in the face in front of his mother, that truly was being "gunned down" or did the baby jump on the guys chest and start punching him in the face. Tell me again how I'm a racists ( a word that has been used incorrectly daily BTW) for pointing out that Brown & Martin deserved to be shot?

Not to mention, there are plenty of cases of Black cops shooting unarmed white guys... The news seems unwilling to report this as well.
I don't disagree with any of this...however, to deny that there is a predilection on the part of white LE to treat black people (particularly young black males) differently than whites is, at best, intellectually dishonest. Having said that, though, the problem is even deeper than that because that different treatment comes from experience and reality on the street. That reality is born out of a broken system lacking in education and support...but talking about that and turning the mirror inwards isn't snappy or comfortable, so everything gets reduced to talking points and mindless slogans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

Sure, so does any of that negate the fact that racist law enforcement practices are a problem?
Did you happen to catch my post where I also said the police officer was prudent in firing on Michael Brown?

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I don't disagree with any of this...however, to deny that their is a predilection on the part of white LE to treat black people (particularly young black males) differently than whites is, at best, intellectually dishonest. Having said that, though, the problem is even deeper than that because that different treatment comes from experience and reality on the street. That reality is born out of a broken system lacking in education and support...but talking about that and turning the mirror inwards isn't snappy or comfortable, so everything gets reduced to talking points and mindless slogans.

I like the phrase "intellectually dishonest" b/c it truly describes both sides pretty well... I dont understand why people cant see the reality of the real world...

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I like the phrase "intellectually dishonest" b/c it truly describes both sides pretty well... I dont understand why people cant see the reality of the real world...
Because people might start to realize shit's so screwed up that anarchy seems like a viable option. Uh-oh I said the A word, here comes Romy.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I don't think it's that people "can't" see reality as much as it is that people choose to ignore or pretend as if they can't see it. The reality is that the chasm in perceived equality in race relations has nothing to with "white people" and everything to do with "black people." There are three main components as I see it that comprise the black community here in America. There is a core group who insist on wallowing in poverty, illiteracy, and violence. They value it and foist in on their friends and family....and anyone who dares challenge it is an "Uncle Tom" or a "House ******" and is ostracized, if not worse. There's another group who agitate and suckle the government teat because they know they can. It's easier that way and there's no desire or requirement to be self sufficient. Gov't housing, gov't food, and gov't medicare. It's all there. Then there is a final group that seeks to better themselves through education, hard work, and social responsibility...a lot of this group fled the first group....and this group's hard work and intelligence is what gives them success and good fortune.

Now, to be fair, the same delineations can be made in the white community. Also, in the brown, or yellow, or what have you...which begs the point that if the same is true for all people, what use is it anymore to worry about the color or their skin if, deep down inside, we're all sort of the same anyway.

But there's not as much money and fame in "Kumbahyah, My Lord" as there is in "Hand Up, Don't Shoot!"

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm just going to bang on the old drum of "people just love the simplicity of a binary world view". Thing "x" isn't a problem because thing "y" is a bigger problem, etc etc etc.
There are plenty of folks that don't think that way, but they usually aren't the ones jumping up and down, shouting people down.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't think it's that people "can't" see reality as much as it is that people choose to ignore or pretend as if they can't see it. The reality is that the chasm in perceived equality in race relations has nothing to with "white people" and everything to do with "black people." There are three main components as I see it that comprise the black community here in America. There is a core group who insist on wallowing in poverty, illiteracy, and violence. They value it and foist in on their friends and family....and anyone who dares challenge it is an "Uncle Tom" or a "House ******" and is ostracized, if not worse. There's another group who agitate and suckle the government teat because they know they can. It's easier that way and there's no desire or requirement to be self sufficient. Gov't housing, gov't food, and gov't medicare. It's all there. Then there is a final group that seeks to better themselves through education, hard work, and social responsibility...a lot of this group fled the first group....and this group's hard work and intelligence is what gives them success and good fortune.

Now, to be fair, the same delineations can be made in the white community. Also, in the brown, or yellow, or what have you...which begs the point that if the same is true for all people, what use is it anymore to worry about the color or their skin if, deep down inside, we're all sort of the same anyway.
To answer your question, I believe it's simply because it's easier to identify people by skin color than by class, or by how well they have positioned themselves to be a successful, contributing, compassionate, and responsible member of society...whatever that means tho them. It's just easier to identify, and people love easy.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
To answer your question, I believe it's simply because it's easier to identify people by skin color than by class, or by how well they have positioned themselves to be a successful, contributing, compassionate, and responsible member of society...whatever that means tho them. It's just easier to identify, and people love easy.
Absolutely they do.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I'm just going to bang on the old drum of "people just love the simplicity of a binary world view". Thing "x" isn't a problem because thing "y" is a bigger problem, etc etc etc.

Reminds me of those people that still support candidates because one is less evil than the other.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Reminds me of those people that still support candidates because one is less evil than the other.
exactly. That's all the complexity that they'll allow. Any more might take some work.

Mr. Goodbar

Savage Hooligan
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Only matters where I'm going
Just testing the waters Hoss. And I don't hate all black people,I just very much dislike the ones that are black, It's not hate it's Love. I would love for them to mind thier own fucking buisness. We are the minority now and you don't see us whining about it.
WTF, not all black people are like that smh. get your head out your ass. Trash is trash and it comes in many colors, not just one