Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

World War II veteran still has what it takes.

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
This may help build a case for .22 cal as home defense. Of course, he had other guns stolen in past break ins. One thing for sure, I respect this gentleman.

R

rayzer007

For a successful business, so for a successful SD shooting - location is everything. Shot placement trumps caliber size.

Ray

SkipD

Helper-outer
That article makes me think of my Dad. He's 90+, plays tennis a couple of times a week, and wouldn't take any guff from punks trying to prey on him.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Verticoli said:
Good for your Dad, Skip. Is he enjoying the tennis that's been on TV lately?
I'm not at all sure what television he watches. He lives in San Antonio and when we visit (as we did a couple of weeks ago), the TV is off or just playing music from the cable system.

Pops

Woodsman
Skip, my Dad was the same way. He was a Marine and served in WW2 and could still fit in his uniform when he died at 87. When you would shake is hand just before he passed it was just like shaking an "I" beam. I never feared for my mothers and his safety in their older years. he definitely would have controlled any situation. Semper Fi! ;)

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
SkipD said:
Verticoli said:
Good for your Dad, Skip. Is he enjoying the tennis that's been on TV lately?
I'm not at all sure what television he watches. He lives in San Antonio and when we visit (as we did a couple of weeks ago), the TV is off or just playing music from the cable system.

Whew! Bet it's plenty hot is why I asked.

M

mukwah

That type of swine preys on older helpless people. Thats why people in Australia are having the problems they are having! Their public has been disarmed and the scum walk right in! Kudos to the old vet and anyone else who stands up to defend and protect what belongs to them with the firearms we have the right to own! Bring it on scum bags!!!!

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Good shooting by the old vet. He gives a couple years of his life defending his country and survives WWII doing so, he deserves a little bit more respect than 3 scum bags breaking into his house to steal his belongings. At least there is 1 less punk to be breaking into houses.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
BubbaDX said:
Good shooting by the old vet. He gives a couple years of his life defending his country and survives WWII doing so, he deserves a little bit more respect than 3 scum bags breaking into his house to steal his belongings. At least there is 1 less punk to be breaking into houses.
+1 plus this was the 3rd time his house has been broke into recently. From the looks of the pictures of the "Varmints" good thing he got a chest shot, don't think a head shot would have fazed them much. :p

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Interesting. Seems the Old Fellow grabbed his rifle and sat down in the living room and waited. When Thug #1 kicked the door open.... it was over. Glad to read no charges are being filed against him. Great shot placement with a .22LR.

R

rayzer007

Perhaps he should have posted this on his door.

I like that sign Jack, even better than the one with the facing close picture of a .38 that says "Forget About The Dog - Beware Of The Owner"

Ray

jackjr

Woodsman
Sorry all. I had to remove the post because I don't own the poster and shouldn't have put it up due to the possible copyright violation.